reuseable nappies - recommendations please!

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
We are conquering tom's constipation, but this means he has to be kept lose all the time and poops contantly - every 30 mins!!. costing a fortune in nappies!! can anyone recommendany reuseable ones? What do i need to look out for?

we just use cheap ones (kind of like the bambino mio ones, but cheaper). I might get some bummis though, they're meant to be really good. Ally has some leaks, but less now that he's fitting them better. I'd go for an all-in-one one. Also, in my area they run a thing when you can get a free trial for a month of all different kinds. I might do that soon (just to save some money really!) but you should see if there are any in your area.

we just use cheap ones (kind of like the bambino mio ones, but cheaper). I might get some bummis though, they're meant to be really good. Ally has some leaks, but less now that he's fitting them better. I'd go for an all-in-one one. Also, in my area they run a thing when you can get a free trial for a month of all different kinds. I might do that soon (just to save some money really!) but you should see if there are any in your area.

Ah, leaks arent a problem as he is cathetorised to go to pee. My council doesnt run that scheme - i checked. But if everyone concurs that they are all much of a muchness, i will just get thge cheap-o-s!

I used Bummis for a few weeks on max till i got too lazy lol but they worked great

i have terrys and bambino mios ill let you know how i get on with them ;-)

I use Bum Genius. I prefer the sized ones over the all in one pockets as I hate having to stuff the liners in each time.

We have some Tots Bots - they're very good, soak all the pee up and as you know Tegan pees almost constantly.. but they make her sweat. They make her bum and nether regions get really really hot lol.Also, we used them when she was 8 weeks, and the size ones are meant to be up to 22lbs I think and she was 10lbs and they were tight around her legs.

i use fuzzi bunz microfibre fleece ones during the day. I only have them on LO for 2 hours per nappy or he tends to out wee them but i guess i could just put more stuffing in them. Reasons for choosing fuzzibunz:

- they are stuffable so you can add extra layers of terri toweling for extra absorbancy.
- they dry quickly - within about 30 mins on the line or quickly hung indoors because they are fleece and because u can take the stuffing out. (i found terry cloth took aaaages to dry...)
- there is no need for an outter plastic waterproof layer (its all in one)
- they come in lovely colours.

you'd need to go straight in for the medium sized ones (Ted is in them now).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64629971@N00/2880160548/in/set-72157607391533413/

ooo they look good tinytoes!

I use Bum Genius. I prefer the sized ones over the all in one pockets as I hate having to stuff the liners in each time.

i stuff mine as soon as they are dried and pile them up ready to go. takes 5 mins if that.

I use terries and some prefolds someone gave me. The terries are perfectly good and works well with different simple folds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->