Reusing Baby Clothes

Babybump87

Reaction score
Hi Girls

We are expecting our second daughter on 10 December and we have loads of baby clothes hardly used. They have been in plastic storage boxes for about 2 years.

Just wanted opinions on when you would wash them ready for new baby:wacko:??.

Thanks xx

I actually just went through all my DD clothes in preparation for #2 and found a lot had spit up stains. I read online that Oxiclean baby is great to get it out so I ordered some from Amazon and will be testing it out this weekend. They said to soak it in hot-hot water with the detergent for a few hours and then wash as normal. I'm hoping they come out stain free and like new. That's all I plan to do though.

I washed the clothes I had in storage. Mine were hanging so they could be a bit dusty, but just to freshen them up.

I have some I just put in plastic bins that I plan to use very shortly when the weather changes, I won't wash it as it was a short time (washed right before they were put in). But over a year, I'd probably run it through to freshen it. They tend to get a "storage" smell, IMO.

They were all washed prior to being put in storage . I also noticed a few had spit up stains on them. Thought they would be no good. Will have a look for Oxiclean baby. Thanks girls x

I'd probably wait to wash them until I'm further along just because I know I'll wash them again and again once nesting hits me. :haha: but I'd definitely go through them and see what pieces have stains and what's salvageable.

I will be washing mine as they've been up in the attic for ages.

Yup thats exactly what I am worried about wanting to wash them again lol. I have been through them all took hours! .

Most of the stuff is still in really good condition . The odd white sleepsuit/bodysuit have stains on. Might just buy more if needed haha !

thanks xx

xx

Actually, I am getting ready to go through DD's old clothing, and my sister is bringing back the clothing I gave her for her baby. I will only buy a few new, or more depending on how much my sister ruined. I am going to rewash them and get them all nicely put away.

I did that with dd2's clothes. Washed them all for dd3. There was so much lovely stuff that was bearly worn or not worn at all. The grow so quick it's definitely a good idea to reuse what you can. This time round I have to buy I all new. We haven't had a baby boy in the family before.. And I don't think he would be best impressed if I made him where pink when looking back at the baby photos 😂😂

Its such shame not to reuse them. Too many cute outfits to be left in storage. Plus I can't help myself but buy more lol.

Lol yeah he won't be pleased . Aww a baby boy will be fab if hes the first in the family!.

Xx

My mil has taken mine and washed them all already. Love her!

Its such shame not to reuse them. Too many cute outfits to be left in storage. Plus I can't help myself but buy more lol.

Lol yeah he won't be pleased . Aww a baby boy will be fab if hes the first in the family!.

Xx

Yeah thought I best be kind and buy him some :haha:
My brother is deeply jealous tho. Think he wanted to be the first to have a boy. It's is very weird tho I must admit rubbing my tummy and saying him or hello Henry~James.

I know the buying lots! Shopping again tomorrow 😝xx

Xx

Yeah thought I best be kind and buy him some :hehe:
My brother is deeply jealous tho. Think he wanted to be the first to have a boy. It's is very weird tho I must admit rubbing my tummy and saying him or hello Henry~James.

Aww Henry James cute!!. Yeah after having girls it must be strange. Your girls looking forward to having a baby brother

My daughter was the first girl to be born for a few years in my family and she was (still is) spoilt rotten!.

Xx

I reused loads of DD1's clothes for DD2 and most are still fine to be reused again if our third is a girl. I think I washed them once I was past 35 weeks or so.

Thanks for all your replies. Just really want to be organised prior to babys arrival and also with Christmas arghh!! Exciting times though! .

Xx

I would wash them around 32 weeks..thats what i did with my boys

Xx

Yeah thought I best be kind and buy him some :hehe:

Aww Henry James cute!!. Yeah after having girls it must be strange. Your girls looking forward to having a baby brother

My daughter was the first girl to be born for a few years in my family and she was (still is) spoilt rotten!.

Xx

They are very much looking forward to him coming 😃. Aw how lovely they spoil her rotten. My girls get that too. So many grandparents 😂xx

I'm definitely washing the things again - mainly because I'm not sure that I bundled them up well enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->