Reverse Cycling/Frequency Question

P

petal040

I am thinking a lot about going back to work - even though I'm not going until May (can't help it!)

My LO feeds frequently during the day. The last two days it's been on the hour every hour - maybe we are in a growth spurt but I'm not sure because I thought we did that last week - or maybe it is a long spurt hahaha...

Anyway... she has always fed frequently since she started sleeping through. The longest she goes without getting hungry is two hours - but it is often less than that. Her naps now only last half an hour during the day too.

I noticed from reading here that by the time babies are 8 months old a lot seem to only have 2-4 breastfeeds a day. My question is - when does it reduce to this number? I go back to work when LO is 7 and a half months old. I am hoping to try blw.

My question is - when I go back to work - I could visit her at lunchtime to give her a feed. If she also has a feed in the morning, after work and at night (so say 8am, 12.30, 5pm and bedtime) should that be enough?

If I didn't visit at lunchtime - would she reverse cycle or would she be too old for that (i.e. would she wake more during the night to feed?) or is it impossible to tell - because reverse cycling can be more about connecting than actually feeding?

I need to decide how I want to do things and talk to my boss in the new year - and am not sure about the lunchtime thing... I am thinking - it might be good for feeding, but bad because it would mean two goodbyes a day which might upset us both if she is at that age???

If you can visit at lunchtime - well, what a amazing privilege! Definately a wonderful opportunity for a cuddly feed. I'm sure you'll want to! As for whether or not baby will reverse cycle - it's hard to predict, as babys are all so individual.

Mel

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->