Reverse cycling

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have realised that my LO is actually not really feeding properly during the day. He'll feed for between 2-5 minutes at a time during the day, usually 6 feeds, but at night he will feed for about 8-10 minutes and concentrate on it, if that makes sense.

At night he's generally feeding every two hours and it is exhausting me. I think he's getting too distracted during the day. We already bedshare but I can't manage bf laying down.

I can't catch up on sleep at any other time because I have my toddler. I really need some tips on how to switch this around and get him more focused during the day. Any ideas?

My little man is very distracted whilst feeding during the day too so I feed him upstairs in his room with the light down and that seems to help. Is frustrating as I can no longer feed him when out and about!x

Can you not feed in a dimmed room with nothing else going on?

I'll give a dark room a go, thank you ladies.

I'm also trying to catch him just as he's stirring from a nap, if he's half asleep he seems to focus on it more.

I can only get my LO to eat really good during the day if we are laying in bed with the light off. Occasionally, if I hit it just right, he will get a "good" feed if it is quiet enough elsewhere, but usually not.

I work during the day though, and I don't mind him not taking much from bottles and waiting for me to get home. I go to bed early (we cosleep) to make up for the nursing time during the night. I don't get to spend much time with him during the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->