RhD negative

classyburd

Mummy to Archie
Reaction score
Ok so got a letter through the post this morning saying that my blood group has been confirmed as A- as i will need to have the Anti-D injection at 28weeks then again after labour.

Sooooo the thing that is puzzling me is that my mum had the same thing with me and was given the injection at the birth of me also. I thought she had this injection though as i had been found to be A+ and her A- hmmmmmm.

I know its nothing to worry about but all the info they have sent me has just given me something else to worry about as i have to go straight to the hospital and inform them within 72hours if i have any abdominal injuries, bleeding etc as i will need a shot of the injection then also.

I dont need to be given things to worry about, i am a born worrier anyways hahaha

Im Rhd negative to !!

I was so worried when i first found out as i knew nothing about it ! Ive had to have 3 injections so far , 1 at 24 weeks due to a small bleed and 2 at 28 weeks 1 was the normal and i had a car crash !!!!

Try not to worry

:hug:

But i just dont understand it all as my form says im A- and then on the info booklet it says you only need the injection if your D-. Is D another letter for A?? hahaha

Me and my mum miust have the same blood group then and she mustnt have need the injection after all?

Sorry A and D are the same thing :dohh: they changed the name from A rehsus negative to D negative !!!

I think your right and your mom didnt need the injection after all !!!

I've got to have this too hun...3 of the 4 people I know who are preg have to have it!!! It's nice to know its not too rare!!!:hugs:

Cool, i shall stop worrying then, will just have a word with midwife tomorrow.

Cheers girlies

me too :) my mum had 5 kids and said she never had any injections so I guess I got my crappy blood from my father along with a host of other crap ?? :rofl:

I'm o+ and have anti cw antibodies so I don't have to have injections but I had a growth scan yesterday at nearly 33 wks and I'll have another in 4wks. The consultant and midwives don't seem to know much about anti c so I don't know if it's worse or less worse than anti d. It's best being monitored though:0) Does anyone else know more about antibodies?

My mum had anti D though with me but had no injections or anything?! Don't think they had them then:0)

They give it to any mother who has a negative blood type in case their child has a positive blood type. If they don't give it and the baby has a positive blood type, it can cause real problems with recurrent miscarriage as the woman's antibodies attack the foetus.

I am O negative and had to have the injections whilst i was pregnant. My LO is also O negative though so i didn't need one after the birth.

To be honest its not too much of a bother the Anti D injections don't really hurt either.

x

yup!

Me, too, 1 shot so far.... I'm B-, not a very common blood type. I may start to give blood once I finish breast feeding.

A- too! :) my DD is B+ so I was happy she got Daddy's blood type so she does not have to get shots when pregnant.

Did you know that they charged my insurance about 200 dollars for just one of those shots! last preg! crazy

Yes my midwife said they used to just give them out to nearly every woman, but now they dont as they cost so much.

:hugs:If daddy is negative then you should be ok but if he's positive then baby probably will be positive too and you'll need the injection.

Talk to the Dr or midwife and check OH's blood group if you're worried:hug:

Have been asking round Daves half of the family, but his mum dont know, will have to ask his dad hehehe

My dh is + and I am A-. I have had anti d 4 times this year as I have had m/cs and I have had it after my first baby but not the last 2. I will be having it in Jan too when I am 28 weeks for this baby! You'd think I've had enough by now :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->