Rhesus negative and recent m/c

Hope13

Reaction score
Hi all

I had a m/c 11 days ago. It was my second pregnancy but the m/c occured at approx 4 1/2 weeks. I am rhesus negative and although I went to the GP, he never mentioned having an injection following the m/c. He said it will just be like a normal period. As we have been ttc for 2 years, I saw the FS yesterday who prescribed me Clomid. I am now worried that the GP should have given me the injection. After doing some research on the net, I am reading all kinds of things eg the injection should only be given after a m/c of 12 weeks or more. Also that different Trusts do things different and some give the injection whenver the m/c was. I feel really unsettled now, particularly as i am due to start the Clomid on my next cycle whenever that will start. I am still bleeding from the m/c 11 days ago . x

I know that my mum is negative and she had injections after both mc which were before 12 weeks. The first time the hospital gave her the injection before she left. Did you speak with your GP about the topic at all? If not I would contact them today and see what they say about it. If there is a reason it wasn't suggested then at least they can explain that to you, and hopefully you can stop worrying about it.

Let us know how you get on xx

I know that my mum is negative and she had injections after both mc which were before 12 weeks. The first time the hospital gave her the injection before she left. Did you speak with your GP about the topic at all? If not I would contact them today and see what they say about it. If there is a reason it wasn't suggested then at least they can explain that to you, and hopefully you can stop worrying about it.

Let us know how you get on xx

Thank you pinkflamingo, I will contact my gp today and keep you posted. xx

Hi... I had exactly the same worries when I had a miscarriage! I asked my GP, the doctor at the hospital and the nurse at the EPU (can you tell I was paranoid about it!!) and they all said that I wouldn't get it unless after 12 weeks or had erpc! I did end up having it but only because I was supposed to have an erpc (didn't on the day as scan showed I had almost miscarried naturally) and they had already prescribed it for me! However I look at it that I was bleeding for 2-3wks before then so 'when' should have been the start of the 72 hrs cut off! It is annoying that there is different information out there saying yes or no!

x

Thank you to both of you....your answers have helped me lots. x

I didn't get one when I m/ced at 6 1/2 weeks and have wondered about it, now that I am pregnant again. I plan to ask the midwife soon; I know they can do a blood test to see if you were exposed to baby's blood and started producing antibodies. Most likely through with and early and natural m/c (as mine was too) you are fine.

Hello hope,
firstly I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:
I began my mc at 11 wks 5 days and I was called up to get my jab,however when I went the nurse questioned why I was having it as they dont usually give it before 12 weeks,it was very confusing and distressing at the time I had done what I was told and to be questioned over whether it was needed felt very hurtful (bad experience on that ward :cry:)
I think in my case I was having a mmc so was likely to mc after 12 wks which I did,from what I have looked into now since my experience it is only given after 12wks so I'm sure you will be fine hunni :hugs:
Best of luck to you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->