rheumathoid arthritis :(

cla

Reaction score
ive just found out last week i have got rheumathoid arthritis, but as im ttc is anybody in the same suituation and does anybody know anything about what medication is the best to have :thumbup:

:hi: Sorry to hear you have RA. Im not in the same boat really...but i do have some advice...

My OH suffers badly with RA (hes had it since he was 12). He is now 20. It started in his feet, progressed to his hips,spine,elbows,shoulders and one of his knuckles. He has the worst case RA, you may not have...

For years he was only able to walk on his tip toes..which hurts as you can imagine..whilst he was on methotrexate tablets and others...they had little affect. The pain got unbearable so the doctors started him on taking humira injections which he does himself... He was then able to walk,run and jump which he had not been able to do in years!. He still does these injections weekly and his joints are 90% better. You may be offered voltorol gel which you rub onto the affected area (wasnt great in OH's opinion).

Overall the injections helped the most but recently he has had a "flare up" in his wrist. The doctors put him in a splint and it seems to have worked :happydance:

However the pain spread to his shoulder...to which he was suggested a steroid ( he has had these in his knuckles and they work like a dream) to which he had and can now move freely.

This is just my OHs experience but i know alot of info about RA so if you want to chat ...:).

Heat packs and cold packs can also help with RA. I think you should do abit of research on google :) as it can help loads.

As for ttc... there is no proof RA is genetic...and it does not stop you ttc. I have my son and i am currently expecting my daughter :wohoo:

Good luck :flower:

thanks for posting hun yeah i would love to chat xx
im sorry about your oh im isnt that bad yet its in my hands and feet. do you know if ra can cause mc

It doesnt cause a miscarriage but you need to take extra care. Getting alot of rest and do not be around anyone with a cold/flu etc ....as your immune system will be down.

What medication are you on? Methotrexate and leflunomide should be stopped 3-6 months before attempting to concieve.

There are still drugs you can take whilst pregnant..your doctor will be able to tell you more.

It can also take longer for you to concieve.

I you are ttc and you doctor doesnt know i would make an appointment to tell him/her and he will be able to change your drugs and offer you advice.

:flower:

i forgot to say congrats on your little girl xxx
at the moment im on nothing ive got to go back the 27th september to get my mediacation then thats why im trying to do as much research as i can.
at tthe moment we dont seem to be having trouble getting pregnant but i cant seem to get past 5 weeks

Thankyou :flower:

When you go back , mention that you are ttc and cannot get past 5 weeks as there will be a different form of tretment they will offer you. I doubt that RA has anything to do with not getting past 5 weeks hun :). Hope all goes well :flower:

that's really sad to hear and that's what i amy have to hear in a few days time too.:cry::cry:
What were your symtoms??????????????? my gp has done some blood work on me to find out ...i'll be having the results in few days....:cry::cry::cry:i m scared to death:cry::cry::cry::cry:
Good luck with your ttc:hugs::hugs:

that's really sad to hear and that's what i amy have to hear in a few days time too.:cry::cry:
What were your symtoms??????????????? my gp has done some blood work on me to find out ...i'll be having the results in few days....:cry::cry::cry:i m scared to death:cry::cry::cry::cry:
Good luck with your ttc:hugs::hugs:

thanks for your reply, it started with a lot of pain in my fingers when i woke up and a lot of swelling in the joint areas of the finger.
where are you having it xx

mine started in both knees and then ankels. It's now in my fingers, wrist, elbows and toes......:shrug::shrug: the pain is more like a burning sensation and overall i am feeling quite tired and low:nope::growlmad::growlmad:
when did u find out?????? :hugs:

I had blood tests in January at my dr but then he refered me to the hospital so I only found out last Friday . I have it in my feet, ankles and my wrist as started to hurt as well.

Wish your kids are so cute xxx

these pains are getting worse everyday, Do you feel exauseted and tired??? I do.... and i don't know if its related but my legs are hurting too. That's awful isn't it. how long did you wait for your hospital appointment and did they perform any more test?? My eyes are so dry and itchy and now swollen, have you ever get this problem???? how long that swelling lasted on your fingers and are they any better now????:hugs::hugs:

You waited 7 MONTHS:wacko::dohh:
and how on the arth did you manage meantime????:dohh:
That's sooooo unfair......:nope:

Ive got RA and 2 healthy kids. I had to come off meds to TTC though and it wasnt easy pain wise etc.

Hydrochloroquine is safe (plaquenil)

And some anti inflammatories, I also took Prednisolone (steroids) x

Hi Dani:flower:
when were you diagnosed and what were your symptoms, today was a terrible day for me as my eyes were on fire, dry, itchy and swollen. feeling too tired to do anything :growlmad:
Did these medcinie help?? how are you going to cope with thid during pregnancy????
is there anything you know makes it better or worse???????
:hugs::hugs::hugs: good luck!

I was diagnosed 5 years ago, my DD was 1. I had symptoms (mild) for about 8 years previous to that though but until it was bad nobody took me seriously. When it got bad I had it head to toe and basically couldnt move, walk, dress myself, eat or anything. Meds defo help but not many are safe TTC.

I went into remission when pg with DS as many do.

I am pg but waiting to m/c so I wont need meds changed in that sense, but will have them changed incase I fall pg on meds again. Im on MTX, a no no in pregnancy :(

I was diagnosed 5 years ago, my DD was 1. I had symptoms (mild) for about 8 years previous to that though but until it was bad nobody took me seriously. When it got bad I had it head to toe and basically couldnt move, walk, dress myself, eat or anything. Meds defo help but not many are safe TTC.

I went into remission when pg with DS as many do.

I am pg but waiting to m/c so I wont need meds changed in that sense, but will have them changed incase I fall pg on meds again. Im on MTX, a no no in pregnancy :(

i hope you are ok hun :hugs::hugs:

Hi Dani:flower:
when were you diagnosed and what were your symptoms, today was a terrible day for me as my eyes were on fire, dry, itchy and swollen. feeling too tired to do anything :growlmad:
Did these medcinie help?? how are you going to cope with thid during pregnancy????
is there anything you know makes it better or worse???????
:hugs::hugs::hugs: good luck!

how are you doing today :hugs:

Hey sorry I missed ur msg. Im ok, up and down really, my dr said yday that there are options now as the statistics arent as bad as she first thought. But there are risks. I have my u/s thurs at the abortion clinic :( then they will discuss what to do.

My tests are lighter and lighter so im not hopeful it will be viable anyway as my meds also cause m/c.

Just waiting and hoping, its all I can do x

Hun I hope everything will be ok, I bet you are distraught xx
I'm always here if you need to talk xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back