Rhubella imunisation

hannpin

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi not sure if this is quite the right place for this question... but hope someone can help :)

I have not had my MMR jab, but I have had the homeopathic tablets for measles and Rhubella, and I have had mumps, so am now immune to that.

anyway in my last two pregnancies my bloods have come back to say I am not immune to rhubella, as I have not had the live vacine. But I have made out I did not know, and just carried on.

The thing now is we are trying again afteter having our son born sleeping at 20 weeks (long story, but he was v.ill and we choose to end his suffering) and the consultant has made a big point of telling me I need to get my MMR before trying again.

The thing is I dont want to, but when I told her I had had it homeopathicaly she just almost laughed at me, and went on to tell me what would happen if I had it and risk of mc etc.

What would you do, obviously I want to do everything I can to protect a baby I might concieve in the future, but should I go against my better judgement have the jab or not?

I'm going to be slightly unhelpful, but I hope in a helpful way.. So I'm not going to tell you what I would do. Sorry ;-)

Not one person can make that decision for you hon. It's yours alone.
Things to consider are what are the benefits to having the jab and what are the risks or negatives to having the jab. There will be all the research out there, and also your own personal feelings on this. Weight it up, then you can make an informed decision.
XxX

Thanks for your response. I know im my own mind I dont want it, but is that just me being slefish? But what I think is affecting me is what other people think.

I have already had to make the worst decision in my life, and that was for the good of my son. By the way what was wrong with him was no way related to me not being emmune to Rhubella.

But I dont want anyone to think that I am not doing what is best for my child :shrug: but why do I even care what other people think anyway :shrug:

It isn’t for others to be concerned about your choices, unless you are unhappy with those choices, or don't have some part of important information to hand, which could effect your choice.

What is great about being able to talk about it on here, is that you are confiding in people you don't know personally.. and you shouldn't get a ear bashing, or be concerned with what relative strangers think. It would be different, I imagine, if you started asking those closest to you.

As you have said, you have already made some very very difficult decisions in your life, which although not easy, you are at ease with, and this has to be small by comparison. (Not to trivialise this decision you understand). So I think I can say with some certainly, you are a very strong women, and wouldn’t worry what others think anyway!

Your little girl is almost the exact same age as mine! They are little mischief makers! ;-)
Xxx

It is your own choice. The only thing that makes me slightly twitchy about rubella is that a carrier can cause birth defects in a pregnant woman's baby if they infect her, without necessarily knowing they're infectious at that point. But we live all the time with risks around us, and it's whether that risk is acceptable to you. You certainly shouldn't be being laughed at by your consultant :(

What are your reasons for not wanting the jab? I was jabbed aged 13 ish and recent blood tests show I am immune so it's not something I've had to consider, so I'm not up to date on it.

irish_cob's done her research, there are birth defects that can be passed to the baby and that is a bit risky.

What are your reasons for not wanting the jab yourself?

I know people are starting to become uneasy about vaccines in babies, but the developmental health concerns aren't their for adults because...well we are fully developed already.

Plus if you're planning to breast feed you'll pass those immunizations to baby through your breast-milk and be able to delay those immunizations longer if you're on the fence about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->