Rib pain?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by SwissMiss, Oct 13, 2008.

1. SwissMiss

SwissMiss Well-Known Member

Hi girlies!

Hope you are all well!
    I have a bizarre question :shy: I just wondered if anyone has had like a crampy/bruised feeling up near their ribs after sitting for too long...? At least I think that's what starts it with me... Its all around my rib cage, not just in front or on one particular side, and it kinda feels like I've been doing too many back presses at the gym or someone's punched me or sth... :hissy: I can't imagine its my uterus OR the :baby: as I haven't even felt movement yet!!! :)hissy: at that too!)

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated. You can also tell me to stop whining.. :blush:

xxx

2. DonnaBallona

DonnaBallona newlyweds!

Swissmiss, it was SO weird reading that- I could have written that myself!!!

Iv been moaning to OH that Iv got bruised ribs for the past couple of weeks now-my mum said it was just my tum and muscles stretching.
    Hurts though doesnt it!! :dohh:

Iv found having warm baths helps. . .and heaps of sleep!!! (although laying on bruised ribs is not a barrel of laughs either to be fair. . . :muaha:)

Hope you're feeling better soon x x

3. KatienSam

KatienSam Mummy to Ella & Faith <3

yeah its probably muscles stretching and where all your intestines etc are moving further up as baby pushes it all, i think once your tummy muscles actually give way for the baby and you 'pop' it should ease off.

Hope your a bit more comfy soon hun xxx

4. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

Not had this so far, hope it goes quickly for you. xxx