Rice consititency, looks weird, tastes fow, spat out and pucked! - UPDATE, it worked!

charlie07

Reaction score
I decided to try Gabbi on baby rice, it's for 4 months up so thought it would be a good one to try.

It's baby rice with sweetcorn or something (it's all written in Bulgarian). OH translated last night so I decided I would give it a go this morning.

So the instructions say 5 - 6 tsps with 150 ml of water. I thought, what's the point in making that much yet! So opted for 1 tsp with 30 ml water. It was very runny and bitty (is it supposed to be like that or should it all disolve?????)

Gave her a little on a spoon and she took a tiiiiny bit and spat out the rest. 1 spoon again and we got the same. So gave her formula, scoffed the whole 180 ml no problem.

Burped, no problem, sat up no problem, sat her on my knee whilst on computer and after 20 mins, puke down her sleeve, down my sleeve, down her front, loads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has this happened to any of you? Could this mean it doesn't suit her or I didn't make it right????

I planned on only giving her 1 tsp per day, before her breakfast formula to see how she got on, do I keep at it? Any advice would be sooooo welcome

Thanks

ive always found the mix yourself rice never really goes into a smooth paste its alway bitty! so ive always given the jar rice as it is smooth and baby takes it alot better. maybe just tryu something different or buy the jars of rice instead.
when i started weaning i would give her her morning bottle first then an hour or more later give her some rice so she isnt really hungry and will be easier to feed. good luck x:baby:

The baby rice I bought here was mix with milk and the porridge was mix with water.

I tried them on my baby when he was 4 months old but he didn't know how to move them round his mouth to swallow at that age.

The porridge I got was smoother, sweeter and creamier than the rice so more like the taste of milk that they are used to. My baby still didn't take to it at that age but Gabbi might if you have no luck with the rice you have.

Alasdair wouldn't take baby rice to start with (he could eat it, but blatantly didn't like it!) so we gave him baby porridge. They advise that you give them gluten free stuff until 6 months but if you can't get hold of it...well, plenty of people do give porridge containing gluten and their children don't seem to have too many problems. I managed to give Alasdair gluten free stuff until we reached 6 months though.

Baby rice usually tastes better mixed with milk or formula... I would try that first... Baby rice is the easiest for babies to digest for a first cereal.

Hi all.

Sorry not replied earlier but my friends were here and were out every day!!! They've gone home now :(

Anyway, Gabbi still does not seem to like the rice. I have tried after milk, before milk, a while after milk, etc etc. She doesn't know how to swallow it yet, most of it ends up down her chin, she also still throws up a little approx 1 hour after feeding.

Should doesn't screw up her nose or anything, it's more like she plays with it in her mouth!!! Then lets it roll out of her mouth!

I am going to stick with it, I give her 1 tsp every morning. I will try with milk to see if it makes a difference.
I've tried the rice and it's pretty fow!!

Thanks for all the info x

Just caught up on this thread. Two things I can think of are as far as the consitency goes I find mixing it with warm or too hot water and then letting it cool a bit works best it never seems to mix with cool/room temp water and she just might not be ready I know the box says 4 months mine does too but some babies I know of just aren't interested that early. I would keep at it as long as you are happy with the results tho and it just might take a bit for her to be happy with it Good luck

Well we tried it, mixing the rice with formula instead of water and she took it better. She actually smacked her lips together and licked her lips! She still doesn't take it well, but much better and today she has had 2 tsp with the first 2 feeds. I am sticking with that for a while, not gonna throw it at her too much. I am still trying when it's best to give it, whether before the feed or after. Maybe I'll even try half way through.

Oh and she didn't throw up!!! Mix with water and 1 hour later she pukes, this time, nowt!

Thank you again for the suggestion to mix with her feed, let's see what happens next!

You can try putting a bit of applesauce in it too for flavor after a few days... Jasmine had applesaue before any other veggie or fruit and hasnt refused anything.

She will pick up the chewing/swallowing quick too, It took Jasmine about a week and now she eats great... Its just something new they need to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->