ridiculously long bedtime feed 4months

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering if its normal for a bedtime feed to go on so long. Most nights it could go on for an hour or until I get fed up. Could this be a supply issue? Daytime feeds are 5-10 mins tops.

Tia

Certainly normal for my daughter. She had long long feeds in the day too, 40, 50, 60 mins until she was about 9 months. All babies are different.

Sometimes they just like to comfort suck to sleep.

My baby girl does and I also wake her up twice in the night to feed her.

My Los feeds were an hour to an hour and a half at that age (I was soooooooooo hungry for dinner!). I found they were longer if I'd left bedtime too late and she was overtired. When I shifted her bedtime up by an hour they shortened as she needed less comfort sucking before falling asleep.

However we also had 4 month sleep regression where she needed holding for the first 4hrs of the night for two weeks so maybe if this is a new thing for your LO it is part of the regression?

Yep, my four month old is exactly the same. His daytime feeds are very short usually 5 minutes, sometimes 10/15. His bedtime his feed can go on and on. It's quite nice actually, he and his big brother have their bath, I put DS1 down, then I get a lovely snuggly hour with DS2 without having to worry about watching or chasing a full of beans two year old and DS2 gets an uninterrupted feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->