Right girls, help me pick a new pram! iCandy, Buzz or Oyster?

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Yep, I'm taking the plunge as I've now sold my beloved prams :rofl:

So....Babystyle Oyster, Quinny Buzz, or iCandy Apple?

At the minute I am leaning towards the oyster, but the only thing putting me off is that I haven't seen it myself! Only online and through word of mouth. :shrug: Heard very mixed reviews on the Buzz.

Also, when did your baby outgrown the carry cot? I see most have by 4/5 months, but Niamh is still quite little and has loads of room in her 0-9 months carseat still. I want to get a pram that will last through our next LO too, but just wondering if there is any point in getting the carrycot just now.

im having the same problem, luna or luna mix

i saw oyster its soo nice

i think the oyster looks the nicest, but i am a fan of the icandy apple too

sorry im not much help am i

Hi all... I'm looking at prams at the moment for number 1 due in February. We looked at the iCandy Apple, the Oyster, the iCandy Cherry and the new Mothercare Spin.

For each of the following here are my opinions:
Apple - great looking, loved the colours, very sturdy and relatively simple to collapse/cange around etc. Downside was that the cost was more than we'd hoped.
Cherry - as good a quality as the Apple, and worked in a very similar way (obviously) but was more lightweight. Less colour options, not that that was an issue for us, and slightly cheaper than the Apple.
Oyster - Fabulous, lightweight, flexible option. I'd seen the video clip on here and it was just as simple to use as they make out! The only downside was that compared to the Cherry (they were next to each other in the shop) the Oyster looked a bit more 'flimsy'... not as though it would fall apart, but just not as good quality. I suppose that's reflected in the price though, so depends what you want really.
Mothercare Spin - very impressed. No 'fannying about' with different clips and bits to adjust... it really is soooo simple! Price was slightly more than the Oyster, but less than the Cherry. It's likely we'll go for this in the end.

I don't know about the Buzz - it didn't appeal to me I'm afraid. Let us know what you decide on, and how you find it when it arrives! Exciting!

icandy apple :happydance: i still love mine 1 year on!! the carry cot lasted Imogen until she was 5 months aswell!!! this is one of the reasons i chose this pram as the carrycot looked bigger than some others an the pushchair seat looks bigger than the buzz {the buzz was on my wish list } oh an the basket holds loads i don't drive so all these things were important to me

hth
gem xxx

If you get the apple you can add the pip and use it as a double.

Im selling my Buzz I hate it its too heavy amoung other things. Im sure I read something about Wobbles saying the Icandy was really heavy too. Havent heard of the oyster Im going to go look.

Oyster looks good. I like the look of the Icandy too but without trying them out I dont know.

Meadow grew out of the carrycot on the buzz at 4 months but she is really long.

I have the iCandy apple. I guess it is heavy, but not ridiculously so - all relative. All I have to do with it is lift it in and out of my boot and that's no problem, even when I'd just had a c-section. If you had to carry it up stairs or something then that might be more of an issue for you. The carrycot is huge compared to some others, Sofia will be out of it within the next 4 or 5 weeks I'd say (going by her growth so far) and then she'll be 5.5 months. The basket is amazing :)
I think that's what put me off the quinny, took one look at the basket and didn't bother to look at the rest of the pram!
Never heard of the oyster, will have to have a looksy.
I'm going to get the pip converter when we have our next (hopefully soon) and I'm drooling over the icandy peach too.. but can't really justify it!!

I have a buzz and am very pleased that i now have a reason to get rid off it.
Everyone seems to have one wherever you go, which i don't like! (sorry if that sound snobby)
I think i will probably get an i-candy because of the ease in converting in from single to double and vice versa.
Haven't seen the others though so can't comment on them

happy shopping xxxxxxxxxx

This isnt on your list but have you looked at the Icandy cherry in Mulberry? I love it :thumbup: xxx

This is the oyster, for the girls who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWWP4zWuxss

whats the difference between the apple, cherry and peach?

The cherry is meant to be hell of a alot lighter, its the one i'l be going with next time i think:) Alot of people complain how heavy the apple is, not sure about the peach:)

Yeah I read the cherry is lighter, but it won't ever convert to a three wheel or double buggy. Not the end of the world though I suppose! Just looked it up and the apple is 10kg, and the cherry is 5kg. My pram atm is 6kg, so 10kg does seem heavy!

Yeah, decided against the buzz now! Its between the Apple, Cherry or Oyster.

Come on oyster!!!! :haha:
Im no expert on prams at all but this is totally the one for me I just knew when I saw it.
I went and put my depoist down today on it, I love it. Lady in shop said they had only had it in 2 months it come out in the may baby show and all the colors are popular mainly the pearl. Iv ordered the pink and black with everything minus the changing bag Iv got another metallic pink and black bag Im going to use only from Primark but its twice as big as there changing bag and alot cheaper too!

The oyster does look very light, and I like that the carrycot has breathable sides - something I really wish the apple had as where I live it was 30-35 degrees for a lot of the summer. It does look a bit flimsy compared to the apple, but I'd have to see it up close. Also depends what you use it for really, I do a lot of off road so the apple was right for that reason, and it's not as bulky as other dedicated off-roaders. If I didn't need something that could handle off road I would go for the peach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->