Rio & Niko’s Christmas List 2017

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Trying to stick to lists this year! First Christmas as a family of 4 and no space in the house as it is :haha: so I’m really trying to hold back on pointless gifts this year, I want the piles halved at least! Wish me luck!

Rio:

Got:
Playmobil hospital
Playmobil maternity room
Playmobil doctor and child
Playmobil x Ray room
Playmobil construction workers
Playmobil ice cream van
Playmobil fire station
Playmobil fire engine
Playmobil school classroom
Playmobil take along football stadium
Toy story figure set
Jenga
Operation
Orchard toys pop to the shops
Orchard toys tell the time
Crayola colouring set
Fingerling - black
Sweet shop
Post office
Magformers
Cars 3 jigsaws
Melissa and Doug chalk book
Pig goes pop game
Talking buzz lightyear
Pull string woody
Pull string Jessie
Bingo game
Pj masks gecko mask
Gooey Louie
Chippies robot dog

Need:
Colouring books

MIL has stole loads of stuff off my list. She’s got him the interactive globe, police headquarters, police car, robbers quad, police woman on hover board and police roadblock. Making his home pile way smaller than planned!!!

SIL has got him ker plunk and orchard toys pirate snakes and ladders and ludo plus some clothes.

Niko:

Got:
Mamas and papas soft rocker
Lamaze toys
Vtech musical stacking rings
Fisher price interactive train
Teething ring keys
Stacking cups
A few plastic tat toys phones etc
Cookie jar shape sorter
B soft blocks
Musical owl teddy
Colour changing night light

Need:
Jumperoo
Sophie the giraffe

MIL is getting him one of those walker things that the front detaches from and SIL has got him a steering wheel thing for the high chair.

That’s pretty much all I want to be getting for Niko. He will be almost 5 months old. Can anyone think of anything else he might make use of at that age? I feel like I’m doing this for the first time completely forgot!

Adding my lists for other people too so I can easily keep track.

OH - he’s going to get some new clothes when we go to Bicester next month so don’t need to worry about him.
MIL - Shay & Blue perfume set (got), decleor skincare gift set (got) philosophy shower gels, kipling bag? Stuck this year for ideas!
FIL - cashmere Ralph Lauren jumper (got), socks, personalised hammer
Niece - Cinderella and belle fancy dress costumes (got), frozen operation (got) crayola set and colouring books, outfit
SIL - she has asked for money so just a money envelope with a bottle of disaronno and some chocolates
BIL - whisky, ground coffee and socks
My brother and sister will just get money in an envelope to buy their own things.
Mum - royal doulton figurine and maybe a pyjama set and chocolate
Dad - framed photo of the boys

My DS was six months at his first Christmas and I got him some books which we still read and have sentimental value (which I wrote on the inside cover, on your first Christmas). Also some clothes which I knew he'd be going into anyway in 6-9 months but wrapped up the nicest of them just to bump up his present count! Haha.

DD2 was 6 months in this - just to give a rough idea with what she got. The still plays with the "follow me fred dog" (bottom left facing away), playskool popping train, sensory balls, Alphabet dog and the squeaky eggs now at 28 months. Her birthday worked out great with xmas, as there was only 6 months so toys lasted and put us through until the next birthday/xmas.

12391193_10156280753370858_776158789997839994_n.jpg

Thanks lovelies. Rios birthday is good in that he gets 6 months between Christmas and birthday so presents we’re easy to get age appropriate then but I just got way too much of everything first time round and don’t want to do that again.
I was thinking of getting one of those walker things they hold onto and walk, I know he will be too young straight away but he will likely be too old and already walking by his birthday so it’s one of those things. I feel like that’ll be the problem with most things I buy him. But, it’s not really that much of a problem I guess!

The fronts are detachable, so that can always be used with or without the wheels. Or as an alternative, you could get a wooden one which has shape sorters, bead trails, building blocks etc. I got one for my nephew from ASDA, was around £20. It isn't as babyish.

Fab lists! My lo's always loved stacking cups when they were younger - cheap and easy!

I found some Thomas Minis in the pound shop the other day. They were at least double price everywhere else 👍

My DS is actually just 10 days younger than yours, so they would've been about bang on the same age for Christmas! I too appreciate the perfect gap between birthday and Christmas! Now got a baby due in January :dohh: haha I'm going to end up doing that thing where you buy a massive stash and split it between Christmas and birthday.
I think a walker could be good as he can grow into it, plus they're still fun to play with when baby is just sitting up as they usually have buttons and stuff for baby to jab at.

How about the vtech walker where you can detach the front panel so he can play with it on the floor during tummy time or sitting up? Then just reattach to the walker when he is on his feet.

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/vtec...MIu-DpnPbb1gIVy73tCh1VkAfyEAQYAyABEgJaKfD_BwE

Updated. My list seems to be getting bigger but I’m not buying any quicker. Gulp!

Great lists!! Lucky little ones, love playmobil I collect them with Isabelle... think it's more for me though than her lol x

MIL has said she will get Rio’s globe and some Playmobil off my list. Which is great as it’s less for me to buy but now his pile at home will be even smaller as I’m not going to buy other things not on his list for the sake of it!

Just spent £240 on Playmobil website. MIL paid for £100 worth though, all of the police stuff (annoyed slightly thats what she chose as I wanted to get those but I did say she could pick any lol)

Got Rios toy story stuff today. he’s very nearly finished!
Still to get Niko’s main present and a few bits though!

That's great you've almost finished Rio's presents now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->