RIP Devin Patrick June 6, 2009 - 36 wks

meldmac

Mom to an angel and Colin
Reaction score
I'm feeling empty right now as I write this, but I just felt the need to get it out. I don't know when I'll ever feel "normal" again after what has happened, or if I will.

This may be long, so I apologize ahead for this but I just need to get it out right now.

It began last Thursday, June 4/09 when I went into my regular pre-natal appointment. The doctor as usual went to check the heartbeat, and there was none. His clinic was right accross the street from the hospital and he said to follow him. I was in a state of shock at this time. He kept asking me when the last time I had felt the baby moving....I told him I thought I had felt him move that morning. The next 2 hours were a blur they did 2 ultrasounds and the whole time I was there I have never felt so alone in my life. I could not get in touch with my husband, finally I got my fil on his cell who said he'd bring my hubby to hospital as soon as he could. While I waited they confirmed that the baby had died and it had been a few days.

Finally my mil got to the hospital. Which was a big relief. The doctor got me to a room and finally my fil and oh got there. I dont' think either one of us has cried so hard in our whole lives. The doctor had asked me if I would rather wait it out until I went into natural labor which might still be a few weeks or be induced, I told him I wanted to be induced i knew I couldn't handle waiting it out. He said he would start the process that night so he got me a room and that night put some gelly on my cervix to soften it and prepare it for labor. It was the longest night of my life. He did it twice before any signs of it working happened. After awhile they put an iv in me with medication to induce me. Things happened pretty quickly after that, by 6 pm that night I was having contractions pretty close together, I had decided to ask for an epidural and by the time the dr. came to give it to me my contractions were so close together that they were right on top of each other. The epidural was very painful because I had a hard time staying still. Once I got it though it was much better. By 9 pm they said I was ready to push but said I could hold off as long as I needed to make sure I was ready for it. I waited until about 9:30 or so than decided I didn't want to put it off any longer. It took about 2 hours. When it was done it felt like someone had ripped part of me out. They took Devin and cleaned him up and asked if we wanted to hold him, we decided we did and wanted some pictures. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. We had a chaplin come in and bless our sweet little angel boy.

I don't know how we've gotten through these last few days...I really don't know how we're going to get through this at all. I just feel an emptiness inside that I don't think can ever be filled. I don't know why I felt the need to type this I just needed to get it out. I'm sorry if it's upset anyone.

I miss him so much....the only thing I am so thankful for is that even though we never got to meet him for the 9 months he was inside me he brought us more joy than I've ever known possible. I don't know why this has happened, they think his little heart just stopped beating. I just know that I will miss him forever.

Rest in peace my sweet little angel Devin and know that mommy loves you more than anything.

:hugs: Oh honey I am so very, very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you, your OH and your family. Your little angel Devin will watch over you always, and loves you endlessly.
x

Oh sweety im so so sorry for your loss. Im thinking about you and your family :hugs:

:hugs: So sorry that this happened to you and your family. :( I really have no words, but you are a strong woman to come post this. RIP Sweet Little Boy.

I'll be praying for some sort of ease in pain. :hugs:

I dont even know what to say:sad1:...bless your heart for being strong enough to go through all of that and bless your sweet baby boy. :hugs:

This has brought me to tears :( RIP Devin! You are so strong to come on here and post this, thinking of you and your family xoxo :hugs:

I'm so sorry hun. There are no words to make this feel better for you guys....just remember that we're all here for you...thinking of you.
:hugs:

so sorry to hear your news :( my thoughts are with you and your family xx

There are no words. You are an amazing woman, and I wish there was something to be done to change what happened. You chose a beautiful name for your baby boy.
Much love,

Cat
xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss hun. There are no words to make you and your family feeling any better. RIP Devin :hugs: x

Wish I could make it all better for you. You are in my thoughts

:hug: I pray that you will find peace in youre heart... it is a long road to recovery... as we never forget but we move forward:hug:

im so so sorry to hear your very sad news. The angels will look after your little boy now, they will keep him safe.... I hope you have lot's of people around you to help you through at such a difficult time. We're all here for you if you want to talk. Massive hugs for you xxx

i am so so so sorry for your lost i cant even begin to imagine what your going through my heart really goes out to you and your family

Im so sorry for all you have been through, Ive read this with tears welling in my eyes :(
Im praying for you & your family xxx

:cry: I am so very sorry babe! :cry: I lost my little girl last year and know excatly how your feeling! If you ever want to talk please just PM me....for anything at all!

Lots of love to you :hugs::hugs: and floaty kisses to your gorgeous little man x x x

Im so so sorry hun. RIP lil man, god bless xxxxxx

so so sorry for u and ur family :cry:

R.I.P devon :cry:

words cannot express how sorry i am for your loss, you and devin are in my thoughts :hugs: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->