RIP Maeve Binchey

twinkle1975

Reaction score
I was so sad to hear the author Maeve Binchey had died :cry: I loved her books.
When I moved back to my parents after my ex had cheated on me I lay in bed for a whole weekend reading Scarlet Feather. Afterwards I wrote to her thanking her for ending the book in the way she did (won't spoil it for anyone who might want to read it!) I was so chuffed when she wrote back to me!

A lovely lady whose talent will be sorely missed!

I know. I loved her books. She was the only author I would pay out for and buy the hardback as soon as it was released.

Light a penny candle is my favourite I think although I really loved Minding Frankie as well.

Agreed. A wonderful writer and a great, generous spirit. I met her once at a writer's festival and she was so funny and kind.
RIP, Maeve Binchy. You will be greatly missed. :flower:

I've read a few great tributes to her over the past week (and one unbelievably ignorant article in which the author stated that since Maeve Binchy had never had children, her writing could not have the same depth as someone who had. :shock: Yeah. She said that.) Anyway, I believe that Maeve Binchy has a memoir that should be coming out next year? So we'll get to hear her voice one last time! :)

Well written discussion of the outrageous article I mentioned above:
https://jezebel.com/5931883/novelis...ld-have-been-a-better-writer-if-shed-had-kids

This is the article I read that mentioned her memoirs coming out in October. Except that I neglected to notice that the article was dated 2008... :blush:
Still, I thought it was a nice read:
https://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/home/you/article-1059797/This-Life-How-Maeve-Binchy-childless.html

Think it is best I skip over that article as I approach my 7 years of ttc!!

She does have one last novel being released in October called a Week in Winter.

Going to be strange reading it knowing it is her last book although I was strangely excited to see it released if you know what I mean.

Maeve Binchy was fantastic. She could certainly tell a good story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->