Roasted vegetables

KimE

mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi guys, I feel really stupid but I don't know how to roast the butternut squash I have sat in the kitchen for Poppy! I would like to do it so she can pick fingers up :thumbup: I have trawled the internet and there are loads of different ways to roast vegetables so I thought I'd ask if anyone has a way that they can share with me that is easy and works!

Sooooooooo how do I roast a variety of vegetables in a way that's suitable for lo??

Thanks!! :hugs: xx

Drizzle olive oil onto a baking tray and place in a preheated oven until sizzling hot. Peel and cut the veggies into chunks, tip them into the tray and toss in the hot oil, then roast until soft and browned.

This method works for almost any vegetables, including potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, swede, carrots, parsnips, onions, peppers, courgettes, etc. If you're doing a mixture, add softer veggies towards the end of the cooking time or boil harder veggies for a few minutes first. You can also add a sprinkle of rosemary or other seasoning to the hot oil if you wish.

we do same as above poster too :thumbup:
We do sweet potato,carrot,sweed,butternut squash,normal potato :D

Drizzle olive oil onto a baking tray and place in a preheated oven until sizzling hot. Peel and cut the veggies into chunks, tip them into the tray and toss in the hot oil, then roast until soft and browned.

This method works for almost any vegetables, including potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, swede, carrots, parsnips, onions, peppers, courgettes, etc. If you're doing a mixture, add softer veggies towards the end of the cooking time or boil harder veggies for a few minutes first. You can also add a sprinkle of rosemary or other seasoning to the hot oil if you wish.

Thanks guys :thumbup: what temp do I need the oven and how long approx do I leave them in for? Sounds easy enough!! :dohh: xx

About 200 degrees for 30+ minutes, but it really depends on your oven, the size of the vegetables and just how you like them done!

I do the same, in fact am roasting butternut squash right now! Remember to turn the veggies a couple of times during cooking, I've had a few burnt disasters not doing so, lol.

Well it didn't go so bad!! Turned out a bit soggy though - do you think that could be because I used too much oil or should I have left them in longer (would they have "crisped" up a bit more)?? They went quite mushy in Poppy's hand which made it a little more difficult for her to eat as she likes quite "firm" food at the moment. xx

You don't need to peel butternut squash (or any other squash) just prick the skin and roast whole then the skin and seeds separate easily and the flesh purees or mashes, it takes around an hour/hour and a half for a butternut but sooooo much easier than trying to peel the bloomin things!!

They're waaay easier to peel with a Y shaped peeler than a traditional type one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->