Robitussin for TTC????

I have heard of a few women trying this as it aids production of cm(cervical mucus) personally i found that EPO(evening primrose oil) worked a lot better and really increased it through taking 1000mg per day from cd1 intill ovulation. I got pregnant the first cycle i did it after ttc a long time ;-)

xxx

I think it is meant to thin the cm - if you have none it won't increase it. EPO should increase production.... any expectorant will do but it musn't contain decongestant.

I used the month I got a BFP. I was on clomid and used it to think cm, which it certainly did. I still gag at the smell however!

Apparently it's the active ingredient in this cough medicine, Guaifenesin, which causes CM to thin. It's in a lot of cough medecines, so you don't need to worry about finding a specific brand, just one which contains this (but it should be the only active ingredient, if it contains others it wont work). I think one of the Bennylin cough syrups also has this?

I've not heard of using EPO before - am I right in thinking you need to be careful with this as they recommend you don't take this when pregnant?

Think I will give the cough syrup a go - have decided to follow the SMEP this month, but it can't hurt to try anything else that might increase our chances.

Have heard that you're (supposedly) more fertile after a mc, so here's hoping that it all comes together and increases our chances!

Apparently it's the active ingredient in this cough medicine, Guaifenesin, which causes CM to thin. It's in a lot of cough medecines, so you don't need to worry about finding a specific brand, just one which contains this (but it should be the only active ingredient, if it contains others it wont work). I think one of the Bennylin cough syrups also has this?

I've not heard of using EPO before - am I right in thinking you need to be careful with this as they recommend you don't take this when pregnant?

Think I will give the cough syrup a go - have decided to follow the SMEP this month, but it can't hurt to try anything else that might increase our chances.

Have heard that you're (supposedly) more fertile after a mc, so here's hoping that it all comes together and increases our chances!

Yes EPO is used a lot to increase CM if u are lacking a bit in that dept and it really works! i got pg the first cycle i used it. Its recommened to use it cd 1-12 as most women O around cd 12-15 so it makes it safe that way. You need to take 1000mg per day to see the diff ;-)

I hope thats true that u are more fertile after a loss... do u think this applies to ectopic pregnancy loss too?? xxx

I think you're more fertile regardless of what kind of loss, it applies to women who've recently given birth too. Something to do with the changes in your body during a pregnancy which make it more receptive to conceiving again in the few months afterwards!

Think I'll give the EPO a go, can't hurt can it :thumbup:

Here's hoping we all get lucky after all of this..............

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->