Rock hard belly in the night...

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
Why is it that my belly goes rock hard in the night when i'm in bed? Is it just baby laying differently to when i'm up and about? Its freakily hard sometimes... Also kind of on the theme... My usually inny belly button has turned into a rather large round hole and getting rounder like its opening up! Really odd and quite gross... Any body elses do this? X

They're called Braxton Hicks contractions and are perfectly normal....just your body practicing and toning up for later on. You may notice them if you get aroused too:blush:

No i have loads of skin down there to stretch from previous weight lose so i have kept my belly button so far an inny. but its rock hard also.

They're called Braxton Hicks contractions and are perfectly normal....just your body practicing and toning up for later on. You may notice them if you get aroused too:blush:
well i can absolutely say that its only in the night,as the latter doesn't happen very often these days haha. Thanks for the info anyways:)

happens to me to i show more at night and layin don will make it hard xxx

doesn;t happen to me, yet anyway....but i am sure it is normal. :hugs:

mine does it first thing in the morning but i think thats coz my bladder is full and pushed baby up to the top, goes rock solid just under my belly button!

And as for belly button, mine looks like a blackhole, i could easily fit a 5p in it without touching the sides! its a bit eww i think lol xx

i dunno why it happens but it happens to me too & it is painfull when moving about x

Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me! As baby gets bigger it feels like baby is pushing its back really hard outwards IYKWIM.

I think its cause you are laying down, I won't speak for you but all my tummy chub sinks to the side when I'm laying down.

It is very rare to get Braxton Hicks so early hun, especialy if this is your first baby. I would say it is probably more likely to be the tummy muscles tighting up when you lie die, that's all. Is it which ever position you lie in in bed?

I get the occasional Braxton Hicks also. Feel so wicked!

I get feelings of pressure kind of in my stomach, and then feel a hard spot on one spot of my belly, could it maybe be the baby's head or bum or something? funny how it's only in one spot!
And the belly button thing.... mine is doing the same- getting to be a larger opening hole! We could have outies soon! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->