Rolling over question

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
I have a question about rolling over.

Tristan is nearly six and a half months old - he can roll from his front to his back fairly easily and from his back to his side, but cannot really move from his back to his front yet. It is like he cannot be bothered! Usually, he is too concerned with trying to eat his feet! We try to give him heaps of mat time and tummy time.

Should I be worried? I know they say that you shouldn't compare your baby's development with other babies but I am still a bit worried. In other areas he is doing really well, like he can pretty much sit up on his own now and he babbles away making heaps of sounds - but the rolling thing worries me.

I wouldn't worry. My friends baby only started holding his head at 5-6m. He can't roll or crawl and he's 7 and a half months x

Alasdair didn't really roll back to front until he could crawl! He only seemed to roll front to back occasionally. He just wasn't a roller. Now, there's no stopping him lol. Try not to worry, I definitely don't think it's anything to worry about :hugs:

I agree with the others.......it sounds like he's well developed in other areas so I wouldn't worry

Erin is 9 months and is still not rolling. She has never been interested in it, she sits really well and can stand so think she may walk instead of the rolling and crawling stage. xx

Jasmine is the same.. will go front to back but not back to front... I had big issues with her going on her tummy for awhile though... but she is at least ok with it now and can push up on her hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->