Rolling over question

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by poppy, Apr 19, 2009.

1. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

I have a question about rolling over.

Tristan is nearly six and a half months old - he can roll from his front to his back fairly easily and from his back to his side, but cannot really move from his back to his front yet. It is like he cannot be bothered! Usually, he is too concerned with trying to eat his feet! We try to give him heaps of mat time and tummy time.

Should I be worried? I know they say that you shouldn't compare your baby's development with other babies but I am still a bit worried. In other areas he is doing really well, like he can pretty much sit up on his own now and he babbles away making heaps of sounds - but the rolling thing worries me.

2. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I wouldn't worry. My friends baby only started holding his head at 5-6m. He can't roll or crawl and he's 7 and a half months x

3. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

i wouldnt worry hun x x

4. isil

isil Well-Known Member

Alasdair didn't really roll back to front until he could crawl! He only seemed to roll front to back occasionally. He just wasn't a roller. Now, there's no stopping him lol. Try not to worry, I definitely don't think it's anything to worry about :hugs:

5. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I agree with the others.......it sounds like he's well developed in other areas so I wouldn't worry

6. lcside

lcside Mummy to Erin

Erin is 9 months and is still not rolling. She has never been interested in it, she sits really well and can stand so think she may walk instead of the rolling and crawling stage. xx

7. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

^^^ They said it all Paula! ^^^

x

8. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

Your baby sounds normal. No need to worry.

9. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

Jasmine is the same.. will go front to back but not back to front... I had big issues with her going on her tummy for awhile though... but she is at least ok with it now and can push up on her hands.