Rolling over

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by kiki, Dec 21, 2009.

1. kiki

kiki Mum to Kirsty and Caidan

I am beginning to wonder if I should be worrying. Caidan is now 6 months old and shows no signs of wanting to roll over at all. He can nearly sit up unsupported, he can say 'dada' and is taking solids like a natural, but he just wont roll over AT ALL.

Should I be worrying do you think?

xxx

2. baby.love

baby.love Guest

All babies are different hun and will do some things early and some things late... If you are mega concerned mention it to your HV.. I must say though as mum to 2 girls and 1 boy that boys are lazy bums and tend to do things a bit slower than girls x Sienna is showing signs of rolling already but my son never did at her age :)

3. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

My LO is 5 months old, CAN roll over (and does on occassion) but just isn't bothered to do it very often. He's just lazy about it. Most babies that can roll over for as long as he has been ABLE use it as a means to get around (successive rolls). He won't. He might go from tummy to back if he REALLY wants to, but isn't bothered to do more than that.

I try not to worry as he is reaching all his other milestones on time or early and I just figure he will get around to rolling more when he feels like it! :)

4. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

Ruby rolled at about 6 months. My friend's LO didn't roll until after she started crawling, so don't worry :)

5. Lucy_lu_84

Lucy_lu_84 Pregnant with #2

My LO rolled last week and only yesterday learnt to roll back. I wouldnt wory hun

6. Cheesepuff

Cheesepuff Well-Known Member

Alex rolls over from his back to his tummy, but still doesn't know how to roll back, so I'm forever rolling him, as he gets so frustrated on his tummy :) They all leran when they're good & ready, I've heard some babies never really roll as such...

7. Louisaxx

Louisaxx Well-Known Member

Poppy is nearly 8 months and doesn't roll over... she could if she wanted to I'm convinced, but she hates being on her tummy so I guess she thinks "Why would I go to all that effort to get on to it"??!!

8. Lara+sam+bump

Lara+sam+bump Well-Known Member

Noah is exactly the same, he rolls so far onto his side reaching for stuff, im convinced he can do it, just dont want to :dohh: he can sit unsurported tho and is starting to try pulling himself up on things, but has no interest in crawling, where as my friends baby who is 8 days older, but a girl, has been crawling for 2 weeks now. Men ay! xx

9. Connah'sMommy

Connah'sMommy Well-Known Member

Connah will roll onto his side if he is on his back but never goes the whole way and if we put him on his tummy he wont show any interest in rolling at all!
    he just prefers to drag himself along the floor if hes on his tummy but half the time ends up going backwards:dohh:

xx

10. dizzyspells

dizzyspells Mia & Finnlays Mummy.xxx

Finnlay can only roll from his front to his back,mailny because he hated been on his tummy!My daughter never rolled until she was older or crawled just went to bum shuffling when she got older!I wouldnt worry hunni,they are all differant.xx

11. juliespencer9

juliespencer9 Well-Known Member

mine is 6 months and has never rolled over but can sit up on her own now

12. Babydance

Babydance Well-Known Member

Dont worry hun Caidan is a wee champ! Soph can roll but cant say anything (well i tried to teach her to say Dada but all she comes out with is Adad! :rofl: ) and isn't on solids yet. Many babies walk and dont crawl. If he doesnt want to roll over then i'm sure it's not going to do anything to his development especially seen as he can almost sit unaided! :thumbup: xxx