room temp.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi girls,

im jumping over here from 3rd tri again.

ive recently baught the grobag egg room themometer and i have had it sitting in babys nursery and the temp is aprox. 23oc,which its saying is 'warm'.
the recommended temp is 16-20oc.
is 23oc ok if i use less covers?

in the guidelines it says 'warm' (20-24oc)
bedding to use= sheet and 1 light weight blanket.
clothing= nappy,vest and sleepsuit.

but if the room was 16-20oc (recommended) it says
bedding to use= sheet and 2 light weight blankets
clothing= nappy,vest and sleepsuit.

so is the room ok at 23oc if i use less covers or do you think its best to try and get the temp down.

the nursery feels 'fresh' at 23oc but the room themometer says its warm.
does the nursery really need to be as cold as 16-20oc?

23 degree celcius is too warm for our LO to sleep, firstly 'cos of her eczema and secondly she wakes up if it is to warm inside the room!

Colton will wake up crying if it's too warm or too cold. Most of the time they will let you know, by crying.
Usually whatever I feel comfortable at is what he seems to like. So, if it's comfortable to you, it will probably be comfortable to s/he

oh thank you,

im guessing its not much to worry about to start off with coz baby will be in our room.
if baby isnt comfortable i guess i can make the room cooler.
i would say the room feels comfortable,i dont think it would be comfortable if it was any cooler. x x

We have this themometer and my hv said if you feel comfortable then your LO will.

Hi mrs-n i also have the grobag egg thermometer (find its ace) and use it as a rough guide, if its turned red and im comfy then i just use less bedding on bubbs like her vest and sleepsuit and 1 blanket/shawl if the egg is yellow then i put her in vest sleepsuit and her grobag i find she sleeps ok if im ok if im too hot then i pull her blanket off or ill open the bathroom window and leave our bedroom door open so that she gets "some" air X

isnt 16-20oc best as it cuts the risk of cot death, or is it ok on orange (20-24oc) as long as you use the right amount of covers.

as long as baby is in the feet to foot position and on his/her back then if you monitor the bedding situation regards to the *egg* im guessing it should be ok, its what i did, i also had moses basket tight up against my side of the bed so that i could hear her breathing which was comforting.. did that untill she grew too big at 13 weeks then moved her into crib and put the *egg* on the dresser right next to it...

isnt 16-20oc best as it cuts the risk of cot death, or is it ok on orange (20-24oc) as long as you use the right amount of covers.

:blush: sorry i meant orange not red.. if its orange i use one blanket x

so i wont worry too much then,as long as im using the right amount of blankets/covers to the room temp.

when i opened the grobag egg box i was expecting it to be bigger than what it was, its soo tiny.

ooh i love this egg but im gonna be addicted to it.

lol tell me bout it, i didnt get it untill Rhiannon was about 7 weeks old, now i odnt know how i ever lived without it, plus its really good as a night light when doing those oh-so-energising night feeds :)

its really good as a night light when doing those oh-so-energising night feeds :)

oooh ive got all that to come,havnt i.
i dont think hubby will be up at every night feed some how. x x

i dont think hubby will be up at every night feed some how. x x

i found a swift dig in the ribs angled right usually does the trick, their awake faster than you can say milk time :rofl:

yes well ill make sure he does his fare share of night feeds. x x

dont blame you, two of you made bubs so two of you take of them (thats what i told my OH)... and still telling him hahaha.. funny how men seem to have a clear tunnel running from one lug-hole to the next so that anything we say to them just goes pouring out the other end :rofl:

the only thing is i would feel guilty making him get up if he has work the next morning.
maybe he can do the late evening feeds and i can do the early am feeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->