Root canal filling!

bumptwo

Reaction score
Ok so my tooth started hurting months ago and I went to my usual dentist (not NHS) he said I'd need a root canal and that would be £400 please!!!

Umm I couldn't afford that so I went to the dentist I tried last time I was pregnant. I don't really like him and my can you tell you're not having private treatment anymore...

He wasn't keen to root fill it so just cleaned it up and normal filled it...

Anyway yesterday the tooth started hurting like mad and kept me awake most of the night :(

I've heard some terrible stories about root fillings and pregnancy :(

Can anyone help?!?! X

I'm not sure but I had my teeth cleaned and found cavities they numbed me and fixed them and filled them they had to
Keep numbing me little did I knowing was pregnant!

I had to have two extractions while pregnant with my son. They mostly just prefer you get work done earlier rather than later (so from second trimester but before third trimester), as you have to be on your back for an extended period of time.

They only use Novocaine for a root canal so all should be okay. Some places do prefer you wait until second trimester, but they can get you in and make sure it's nothing serious.

I've had 2 root canals and they really weren't bad! I don't have a great pain tolerance and I only needed a few tylenol afterwards (calpol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->