Rotavirus Vaccine

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just talking with my health department here where I live because I noticed on Val's immunization chart they didn't give her the rotavirus vaccine when she was 2 months old. They said they do not give it there and the only place they do give it is about 45 minutes away from where I live. They said they recommend it, but since they do not give it at the clinic anymore most parents do not get it for their child. I wanted to see the concensus of what all you ladies thought about getting the Rotavirus vaccine. Val is almost out of the range to get it since it has to be given right at 2 months, but according to others that I've talked to, they didn't even bother with it. What did you do?

No idea, but Jasmine has just been diagnosed with rotavirus, its knocking my poor girl around and docs done bugger all

No idea, but Jasmine has just been diagnosed with rotavirus, its knocking my poor girl around and docs done bugger all

Awww....I'm so sorry to hear that. I think I'm out of time as far as Valerie goes for getting the vaccine. I'm awfully upset they don't offer at my health department. How can you not?

I wonder why they wouldnt offer it there. Its not an actual shot, just a small amt of syrup. Keira ate it right up, but it gave her a bit of gas at night..

Sounds like it may be something I need to have her get done...

I have never heard of this. Whats rotavirus?

I guess it is a virus that can infect a baby's intestines...it causes them severe diarreaha and vomiting and a fever. From what I've read, I don't think it's that common to get the vaccine, but I wanted to post this and see what everyone on here thought.

Colton had his at two months, and then just had it again here at 4 months. He loves the syrup stuff, he was reaching for the container it's in trying to get more. :rofl:
I think its routine here. He gets it again at 6mnths, I think. And maybe one more time after that? I'm unsure. But I think it's the only part of his shots that he enjoys!

If a baby gets the rotavirus they get extreme diarrhea and become very sick and dehydrated.There is no medicine that can help them,the virus has to pass through the baby's system.Sometimes fatal.....Get the vaccine!It's not worth the risk.One thing less to worry about when they start interacting with other kids.

Connor smiled and spit 1/2 of it out, the nurse said it should be fine because he will get another dose soon.

Why isnt it offered in the UK? Hope Jasmine is geting better Jazzy x

Hmm, I don't know. It isn't even offered where I live and I'm from the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->