Rough Weekend

marley2580

Reaction score
Kaya's been ill since Friday. We had her at the out of hours on Friday night for her temp, which was about 38c, but had come down by the time we got to the docs thanks to Calpol. Saturday night we had her back at the out of hours because she had developed conjunctivitis, she got an eye cream for that and it's starting to clear up. She also developed a cough on the Saturday, which turned into a sore throat on the Sunday resulting in her becoming really hoarse and coughing up flem. On the Saturday night we couldn't get any Calpol down her as she would just vomit it right back up.

On Sunday she would only take breastmilk and puked on me five times. Because we couldn't get any calpol down her, her temp was really high all day and we ended up back at the out of hours doc, where they said it was 39c. They said that it was the cold, and gave us some paracetomol that wasn't as thick as the Calpol. We managed to get some of that down her and she slept all night with a couple of feeds.

Today we haven't been able to get any more paracetomol in her, but her temp has gone down. She's now puking after every feed, but has taken a little juice. She's just slept most of the day - but only on me. So I've been glued to the sofa all day. I've been puked on a few times and have given up changing coz I've run out of clean clothes lol. She's not had many wet nappies and we're doing the 'pinch test' regularly to make sure she's not dehydrated.

It surely can't go on much longer, can it?

:hug: hun if ur still worried take her back to docs. hope she feels better soon x

Yea definatly take her back if your still worried, they always seem to get ill at the weekend when services aren't as easy to come by,

Hope she feels better soon x

:hug: hope she better soon x

:hugs: Really hope she gets better soon x

We took her back to the out of hours that night and she was sent to the hospital and admitted. They think it's a viral infection plus a bug (strep B). She's on the mend but still in. I've just come home for a shower and change of clothes then I'm going back. Will update you when I can.

Oh wow poor Kaya

I hope she gets better soon for her own health & so Mummy & Daddy can rest knowing shes ok.

*Hugs* x

Poor little girl! I hope she gets to feeling better very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->