Roughly how much for a family holiday to spain?

lovelylaura

3 little girls
Reaction score
I'm really in need of some sunshine, I was planning a holiday next year to cornwall and thats going to cost around £1000 plus petrol and food. So i just had a quick look on thomas cook and was thinking it probably wouldn't cost much more to go away and get some sun. But i just want some ideas of how much you roughly spent on a holiday to spain or somewhere warm but not too far away. It'll be the end of june next year we are looking at going away. I would say our budget is about £2000 for everything, is that going to be to tight to get a half decent holiday?

We went to salou for two weeks half board and flights and accommodation cost around 2000.

But we alo went to greece 2 weeks all inclusive for 2400 which was a great deal. Prices fluctuate so often I'd search often but hold out for a good deal.

I guess it depends on your expectations and standards. We are very selective in hotel, location etc.

Well i only want a week and either half board or full board and preferably 4 star. It will need to be child friendly and close to the beach!

E- definatly sounds doable with what you've said though.

£2000 or less is definitely doable. We're going to Rhodes for two week, half board and in the summer holidays for £1800. We've also done a week in Spain out of school holidays, all inc and that cost us around £1600.

Follow Hotdeals UK on Facebook they have some amazing deals albeit last minute and term time usually, but £2000 is most definitely doable.

I know you said next year but i was just looking to see what you'd be able to get so put in dates this year.

No idea where you'd be flying from or going to but got a 4 star hotel in Lloret de mar, full board departing from london luton for a total price of £962.00. so £2000 is definitely doable!

We went September 2012 to salou in Spain

Cost £760 for flights and 4* half board hotel! That was for 2 adults 1 child for 10 nights

We got a taxi from the airport for £10 each way.

It can be done fairly cheaply if u book flights and hotel separately or look out for the best deals x

I think i'm going to just save the money then book a late deal next year as were not fussy where we go and hopefully can get a bargain! Thanks everyone. Just got to sort out passports now.

Slightly worried about taking 2 toddlers and a baby on a plane if i'm honest but i'm hoping lots of food and a dvd on the plane will keep them occupied :haha:

I paid 2100 for a water park by the beach in egypt this year but we go in summer hols as both teachers and 3 kids are 12, 13, & 3 so bumps price up...

I think if you get an all inclusive deal then you can do it. It's when you're paying for meals and alcohol they you spend the money. If we go self catering we spent at least £1000 week just on food and drink ( without trips )

Lovelylaura-Spain isn't too bad for the flight. By the time you've taken off and given then some food, watches a bit of a DVD etc you find you're pretty much there. We usually go to Spain because of the short flight time as my two get restless after 2 hours!

Yeah that's why i was thinking spain because only 2-3 hours or something. I had a look this morning and for the same week this year as we need next year its just over £1000 plus its all inclusive and i think it was 4* so i'm definitely going to wait. We'll have quite a bit of spending money then. Next year cant come quick enough now! Really need this holiday, we have agreed to only go away every 2 years so we get a decent holiday as we did butlins last year and it was horrible i thought it would be great for the girls but it was pants.

We normally leave it til the last minute too but since DS started school it became a lot harder. We are going to Rhodes in Aug and I actually book it last Oct which is a first for me.
We only do an abroad holiday ever other year too in order to save up. The year we don't go abroad we do a few odds and ends in England-we did a 4 night Sun holiday to Isle of Wight last year which was actually really good. However I need my sunny, catered holiday :)

Normally i love uk holidays but i really need some sun. I want to lay on the beach and just relax! It's quite unusual for us to want a beach holiday too as were more sight see'ers but i cant wait to just mooch about and have everything done for me. Rhodes sounds amazing would love to go there! Next year is the last year before Poppy starts school so thats going to make things harder. I'll have to be more planned too. We've done a couple of those kgb deals where you stay in a hotel for a couple of nights which is really nice, just enough to feel like a break.

I would recommend that the year Poppy starts school you try and grab a deal for the first week of Sept. Most primary schools don't start the new intake until a week after years 1-6 therefore you can get a really cheap deal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->