routine advice please

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
ok where to start

Annabelle is 6 weeks old now, i want to get her into some sort of routine im not too fussed if she goes through the night or anything but i would just love to know what time to expect her to have bottles etc,

at the moment our day is
11.00pm bottle then sleep
4.30-5am bottle then back to sleep
9am- bottle then bit of awake time then back to sleep
from then she can feed every 2 hours up to 4 and a half hours but she is sleeping pretty much most of the time in between
do i just let her find her own routine, we dont have a set time for going down in the moses basket i just put her in there once she has her last bottle at 11 but should i be introducing a bathtime then bed time routine any help would be very much appreciated
i dont want to force something on her if she is really too young but if its best to do it whilst she is this young then i would be happy to do that

sorry for the ramble on LOL

thanks for reading

Lou
xxx

I found that Chloe got hersel into a routine at about 8 weeks I think it was, there was no way I could get her into one, she had to work it out for herself!

Hi,

I am trying to establish a routine with my 5 week old... this is how our day goes:

7am - I wake her and feed her
8.30-9am - I put her down for a nap - roughly one hour
10am - wake her and feed her
11.30-12pm - put her down for a sleep - 2-2.5 hours
2-2.30pm - wake her and feed her
4.15pm - she can have a nap but I try and have her awake by 5pm
5pm - feed
5.45 - 6pm - bath
6.15 - feed and bed
10.30pm - wake her and feed
nightime - she wakes whenever, randomly, for feeds

obviously she doesn't stick to this like clockwork and sometimes she does not sleep when I'd like her too, but it's still early days, she's still so little and I think if I just stick with it then eventually she'll go with it.

It worked wonders with my little boy, he's 3.5 years now so I need a routine so that I can plan my day with him too!

Hope the routine, the way I wrote it makes sense...?

since about 6 weeks we started to put katie in a night time routine, she used to go to sleep at about 1am, we started puttin her to bed at 10.30 and it was so much better. i now feed her at 9ish, get her in her jamas etc, then at 9.30 take her up, change her bum, put herin bed, read a story and she's asleep by 10 now! we have no daytime routine whatsoever tho lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->