Royal Jelly - worth a try?

Cookie1979

Reaction score
So someone mentioned Royal Jelly in another post and I'm wondering what peoples thoughts are on it? Worth a shot? Was looking on Amazon and you can get a high potency one with bee pollen (according to google bee pollen is good too) and its only £7.95 whereas just royal jelly alone in Holland and Barrett is around the £16 mark.

I'm one of these people that gets excited about something that could help, but trying not to get carried away because I dont want to end up taking too many tablets or doing something weird because an old wives tale claims that it works.

At the moment I'm just taking Inositol and folic acid, which are supposed to help with fertility and ovulation in women with pcos.

I personally have tried RJ nd not made a differnce really, but I swear by maca, that is amazing. But again this is only my personal experience sweetie. Like everything, ppl's opinions nd experiences will vary.

What is maca please? I'm always interested in hearing about things that have helped others. I guess everything is going to have a varying effect on people, just depends on the person. x

I take macca and royal jelly, both are amazing in my opinion although royal jelly is the one I'd choose if I had to, it boosts immunity and sex drive and really find it helps. I'm taking it with vitex right now in preparation for TTC, I haven't decided exactly when I'm going to TTC but we are kindof NTNP although avoiding fertile days until I k own my cycles.

There is a great website called natural fertility and will give you all the low down on these things, royal jelly is a superfood for not under herbs etc. I don't buy from them but its great for Information.

I dont think I'm allergic to bees, although I did get stung on my foot once and it made my whole foot swell up...thats not an allergic reaction is it? How do you know if you are allergic to bees?

I will look up that website.

What is maca please? I'm always interested in hearing about things that have helped others. I guess everything is going to have a varying effect on people, just depends on the person. x

MACA:

Pregnancy demands extra nutrients for a healthy baby. Unfortunately, many of today's women are overworked, stressed and/or have a long history of taking the Birth Control Pill find that their fertility is compromised. Eating Maca Powder can be an affordable, excellent nutritional addition to everywomans diet.Peruvian women start to take maca at the age of three, then gradually include it as a staple part of their diet. They are fertile well into later life... "Laboratory studies of rats have found that they had improved fertility after eating maca - females increased egg follicle development and male increased sperm count. In Peru maca is given to livestock to improve fertility a well as strength." From Good Medicine Magazine Australia. It also balances out progesterone nd any problems u have there as well. It has a high suscess rate to helping women get there BFPMaca is great for both women and men.It is a nourishing food for the endocrine system and is an aid to the granular system as well, including thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands, all involved in hormonal balance. Maca can impact key hormones in both the men and women to their advantage, but it doesn't contain hormones itself.Maca helps nourish and stimulate the pituitary gland. It acts as a tonic for the hormonal system. When the pituitary gland is functioning optimally, the entire endocrine system, too, regains its balance, because pituitary gland is in control of the hormonal output of the other three glands involved.For women, maca controls estrogen in the body. If a woman's estrogen levels are too high or too low, this can affect a woman's ability to become pregnant or to carry a fetus to term. If there's too much estrogen, progesterone levels may also reactively become too low. Therefore, if a woman takes maca, she may help increase her progesterone levels, which are essential to carrying a pregnancy to healthy term.With men, too much estrogen produces erectile dysfunction, and can also result in a lowered or completely absent libido. In addition, it can impact sperm count negatively, and can also lower the volume of seminal fluid overall. When a man takes maca, he can increase his libido and can also increase healthy sperm production.Maca may help:Reestablish hormonal balance in women. Increase sex drive in both women and men. Protect eggs' health. Increase sperm count in ejaculate, increased seminal volume overall, and improve sperm's motility.Should you use maca?Maca is especially beneficial to you if you are trying to become pregnant or if you are getting ready to become pregnant relatively soon. Because it is a food, you can take it whenever you wish. However, if you are a woman who is experiencing any of the following, it may be especially beneficial to you:· Substandard egg health· Stress-induced infertility · Hormonal payments for ultimate in vitro fertilization · Miscarriage · Polycystic ovarian syndrome · Endometriosis Maca also helps you incur a sense of well being and have a sharper mind because hormonal balance can improve these things.

Thanks Mummytoangels - it sounds really good! I think I will try it, I have PCOS and it says that it is especially beneficial to PCOS ladies, so could really do me some good. Will see if I can get it on my lunchbreak today. Thank you xxx

If there is a possibility you could be allergic, swelling like that is a reaction, then avoid all bee products, do you have any issues with honey? Macca is brilliant too.

No never had a problem with honey, but only been stung once and couldn't walk properly for about 2 weeks. I'll avoid it just incase and will give the Maca a try instead.

Thanks for all the help. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->