Royal Jelly?

Future Mom

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried royal jelly? Did it work? How long did you take it for, and how much each day? Thanks.

Hi. I just started taking it on Friday. I've read loads of great reviews about it. Have you bought any?

Yes, I just started it a week ago...we'll see, right? Keep me posted on how it works for you! :)

I'm hoping that, if nothing else, I see some health benefits because of it :) Good luck!!

Oh...and it tastes horrid!! I can't stand honey, but I'm persevering...even though it made me gag this morning :/

I take it right away when I wake up so I'm not that awake to taste it... :laugh2:

Ha ha. It's not very pleasant. Still, I'm only only on CD 7 and have been taking it for 5 days now and have already seen an increase in CM.

Good for you!!! :thumbup: I haven't really noticed a difference - how much are you taking each day? I'm taking 1/4 teaspoon in the morning. Should I up that?

The jar came with instructions that said a heaped teaspoon daily. The one I bought has got royal jelly, propolis, pollen and honey in it. Where did you buy yours from?

I took it for about 2-3 months last time before getting a bfp and just started again about a month ago as we will be ttc next month. I actually like the taste lol. I took 1-2 tsp a day split into two, but sometimes only 1. It must be taken with a plastic spoon, not metal and do not refrigerate it or put the honey in anything hot...just eat it plain. I noticed last month that I actually felt ovulation pain. I hadn't felt that since ttc my first and thought it was the vitex I was taking (maybe it was??) but I certainly felt it last month and realize it must have been the royal jelly as I hadn't felt that since before getting pregnant. I also took fertilecm the month I got pregnant and will be starting that again too.

Hi StranjeGirl. I wasn't sure about how to store it. Some people say at room temp and then others say refrigerated. I keep mine in the fridge :/ I might contact the company and see what they suggest. Why should you not use a metal spoon? I've seen a number of forums say that but they don't say why.
I've just started taking AC again. I was taking it for about a year and it really helped with my cycles. I went to a 28-32 day cycle from 42+. Stupidly thought if I came off that everything would be fine. Back to my 42+ day cycle so started taking it again. It's nice to hear from some who has had success with RJ. Do you think it helped you conceive your first?

Xx

I'm not sure about the metal, like you I just read that it can't be metal. Mine says on the bottle "do not refrigerate" does yours say anything like that? Mine is royal jelly with bee pollen, so maybe it's different? ac is great!! I haven't taken any yet because my cycles went down to 28 days after pregnancy and now have increased to like 31-32. If they keep increasing I'm going to get on it again. I can't say what helped for sure the first time, if anything, but I read on so many forums women doing ivf and having many more mature eggs after starting royal jelly. It also seemed to have a positive effect on their fsh. I figure the best I could do was make sure I was ovulating, make sure my luteal phase was good, take royal jelly to improve egg quality and do things to improve cervical mucous. Then I added geritol complete to the mix because they say there is a baby in every bottle. I also think it's important to get dh on supplements because more is better! I hope the ac and royal jelly do it for you! Keep us posted!!

It didn't say anything on the jar about how to store it. Hmmmm......think I'll need to ask. I've got Geritol somewhere. Think I might start taking them again as well and just get all the bases covered :) Thanks. We're into almost 3 years of TTC so at this stage, I'd give anything a go x

Mine is 100% pure royal jelly that I got direct from a local beekeeper :) She told me to keep it in the fridge and take 1/4 teaspoon each day. Nothing was said about a spoon, but it doesn't stay on the spoon for long - down the hatch! Maybe mine is different because it's pure? We'll see. I'm feeling a definite increase in CM today, so tonight will be :sex: time. Wish me luck! :happydance:

Good luck!! I got in touch with the company I bought mine from. They said to just store it at room temp. They said there's nothing wrong with keeping it in the fridge though.

How's everyone doing?

Took an OPK yesterday on CD12 and got an almost positive on a cheapy OPK test. No smiley on a CB yet though. I've NEVER ovulated at this stage in my cycle!! Even when I was taking AC before, I only every O'd on CD 18 at the very earliest!! I'll test again tonight and hopefully have a dark positive to look forward to.

How's everyone doing?

Took an OPK yesterday on CD12 and got an almost positive on a cheapy OPK test. No smiley on a CB yet though. I've NEVER ovulated at this stage in my cycle!! Even when I was taking AC before, I only every O'd on CD 18 at the very earliest!! I'll test again tonight and hopefully have a dark positive to look forward to.

Good luck, MrsC! :witch: came for me today :( I wonder if I ovulated earlier too? Since she came a few days early. Hmmm...this month I guess we just have to :sex: as often as possible! :happydance:

Sorry she got you :( I'm still waiting to ovulate. I normally O around CD28. Lines have been getting darker so hoping it might be earlier. I'm on CD 19 at the minute x

Hey ladies. Just curious what is royal jelly good for when TTC? Xxx

Hi. RJ contains a lot if things that the worker bees give to the queen bee to make her really fertile and lay like a bajillion eggs. It's meant to help with egg quality. There's loads on Google about what it does and it's success stories

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->