rub a dub tummy

H

HerdingDogs

Sorry I post so much! I'm just excited and a FTM.

I was wondering if there are any baby safe products out there to rub on my tummy and all the bits that stretch during pregnancy. I keloid so when I get stretch marks (and I get stretch marks) it looks really nasty and takes forever to heal. Was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for things I can start rubbing around. Thanks ladies! The more natural, the better.

I do cocoa butter but it's all genetic when it comes to stretch marks. I tried everything in my power to prevent them with my dd and they showed up in 3rd tri. Still have them lol

A former coworker of mine swore by olive oil. Every day twice a day. She has three kids and not a stretch mark to be seen!

I've also heard coconut oil is good. I think I will get most things and use all of them hoping that one will work.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to look into this stuff eventually.

Stretch marks are genetic so if your mother has them then chances are pretty good that you will as well. You can try and reduce them as much as possible by keeping your skin healthy. Drink plenty of fluids, eat a diet with plenty of vitamin c and protein, and use a lotion of any kind really.

I've been rubbing bio oil on since I found out! But I agree that I think it's just in your genes. However it won't hurt to do it, so I've been doing it anyway :)

Burts bees have a product too, but I can't remember what its called. It's in a round tub :flower:

I've always used Derma mum stretch mark cream in a big tub. I had no stretch marks with my son, until the little fatty 'dropped' right at the end. I had lots with my 2nd bump, as it was sooo huge; but I never had any itching or burning that a lot of my friends had. Its lovely and rich with lots of natural goodies in it :)

Almost everything topical is safe during pregnancy. I have stretch marks but they are faint and I'm fat so I'm not in a bikini anytime soon but I get very dry skin and all the above suggestions are great. Olive oil is excellent but it makes u smell like a salad so I moisturize with virgin coconut oil. Palmers cocoa butter us good too. They make a stretch mark formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->