Rubberband Trick and only 8 1/2 weeks

vineyard

Mom of twin girls!
Reaction score
I can't believe I just had to "rubberband trick" my pants and I'm only 8 1/2 weeks! I don't have to work past June so I was hoping to steer clear of maternity pants until summer break. Seems way too early to switch to maternity pants but all my pants are too tight. WOW! I wish it looked like a proper bump but right now it just looks like I ate too many donuts for dinner. :rofl:

Me too hon. I have given in and gone for the maternity trousers!

I know the feeling! I am 8 weeks and 3 days and I have gained 10 lbs since I discovered I was pregnant. I'm always eating but I guess now I have a valid excuse. :laugh2:

I'm 9 1/2 weeks and already in maternity clothes. I've had a bump since about 7dpo...!

I haven't gained a single pound yet in my pregnancy (11weeks) but I bought maternity clothes at about 8weeks. I too look like I have become fat :rofl: so it's funny... I make sure to let it be known I am pregnant so no one thinks I'm just becoming a whale. I just have a pooch- not sure where it's all coming from, but it's apparent, my OH kisses it all the time, he's so freaking cute - thinks its attractive. HAHAHA At least someone does, cause I definitely don't!

Well, a high 'risk' is still only a 10% chance, so probably not... I won't know until after the scan. Cos maybe I'm just FAT... :rofl:

I've had to rubberband my pants together since week 5 or 6... I was a size 0/2, and was constantly bloated!

I'm 7+4 today and I've been incredibly bloated for the past few days. No proper bump but I didn't expect the bloat so early. At least my hubby says my face has thinned out just a tad (I started out about 15-20 pounds overweight) and it seems like the same has happened to my arms. Don't get me wrong I am not eating less or trying to lose weight at all but it seems like what's there is shifting all to my tummy which is just fine with me!

About the rubber band trick, OK so you loop a rubber band around the buttons, but do you leave them unzipped and just wear a really long shirt?

frippledip, I did the rubber band trick and zipped my pants as far as they would go and now they wont even zip a little so yeah I just try to wear shirts longer and well nice undies just in case :rofl: but it seems to be time for me to be wearing maternity jeans as Im gettin wider everywhere else too:blush: and Im only 10 weeks!

I bought one size up in trousers yesterday as mine were beyond the rubber band treatment. I can't believe it!!

pants? whats a zip? LOL ..im in my stretchy legging ive gone from a nice 14 to an 18 in a matter of WEEKS.....omg....and knickers? im in my big baggy size 18 AF pants ( you know the pants you wear that week of the dreaded witch..lol...

Okay, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. However, it seems my bloat has gone down a bit and I can wear most of my pants now. Still have a little bump. Been going to the gym more this week which I think has helped the bloat. My mom is in town today so we are going to go shopping for some clothes. Going to look at maternity but also some skirts with elastic bands or something.

I'm sitting here with a rubber band on my jeans too! lol .and I'm only 6 weeks!

Gonna order a belly belt soon though....

I have been dooing with a hairband for the past week, now i think il get a good few weeks wear out of them, although i need longer tops and when the buttons are not done up my flies just fall down ha ha

I am barely 5 weeks along, have only gained less than a pound, pre-pregnancy build is 5'9" 130Ibs. and I am using the rubber band trick now. Has anyone else started using the rubber band trick at 5 weeks and found out they were only having one baby? Multiples? I am just trying to find out why this is happening sooo early! This is my first pregnancy and I am a fraternal twin. My first doc appt isn't until week 8. I really haven't had any symptoms other than feeling huge, tender breasts and being extremely tired and hungry.

I've been using a hairband! The bloat is started to ease ever so slightly now but I don't think it will be long before the maternity jeans are back out! I had a little bump at just over 3 months preg with my first so if the saying that you show quicker with your second is true, I don't think it will be long!

I had to do this a few days ago too. I came out with my jeans and DH said u know ur not not gonna be able to get those buttoned. I stuggled and pulled but no where close to getting them buttoned. So I came back with a rubber band. This of course made DH laugh even more, but oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->