Rubbish 6 week check for me too!!

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
Seriously, why do they bother?

What pisses me off more is that I rang up to book an appointment for myself and the receptionist told me I didn't need one because the dr would check me the same time as Theakston.

I got there and my health visitor was passing through the waiting room so we had a chat and I asked if I'd be weighed (cos she said I looked like I'd lost weight) and she said yes.

Anyway, we went in and he tested some of Theakstons reflexes I think but not all of them, checked his hips, weighed him, measured him and did his head circumference. I mentioned his colic and he basically said it didn't exist! He also kept waffling about how it was all just unnecessary paperwork etc. Thanks for making us feel like we're wasting your time, tosser. He asked (while I was undressing Theakston) if I was recovered and I said "well, I had a womb infection and mastitis and so I've only had 2 weeks off antibiotics so far but we seem to be doing OK" kind of joking. Then I asked about my B12 and he said he didn't know how much he trusted those studies etc. and then he told me if I wanted contraception advice that the nurses run a sexual health clinic at the doctors, gave me my red book and pretty much shoved me out the door and then left himself to take the scales back :shrug:

I had a massive list of questions to ask about stuff and I ended up not even being given a chance to ask them. He hasn't even written the dates and measurements in the red book, just put random dots on the centile charts so when the health visitors ask me how much he weighed etc. next week I'm not going to have a clue!

I'm so angry!!

at "our" 6 week check nothing was done for me what so ever.

zane was checked over, nothing was said about my stitches or my weight so i was pissed off too but ur not alone x

My HV has told me not to take Harvey to my 6 week check, we get one each. She did say though that the doctor won't examine me, just ask questions about how I'm feeling.

I don't think I'll bother with the 6 week check with my next child! Stuff them. Useless.

I was asked if I was feeling ok and he mentioned contraception (already sorted it myself). Baby was looked at, hips checked and light in eyes. No weight, no measurements. 10 mins max for us both.

I had 2! One was I think at 3 weeks or something - might have been 2 weeks at my docs - and the doctor was confused as to why I was there and no info at all about the birth or anything yet I had received a letter to go!- so that was a waste of time and it had meant a long walk to the docs when I was bad after the section!

2nd one was at the hospital at 6 weeks and was basicly a look at my scar but I was made to feel like somehow my baby had been a mistake cos when I said I would use condoms i was told 'Maybe you should try something MORE reliable' :(
Sheesh I am 38 and have tried twice to have a baby and twice was successful - I think what I am doing has been more than reliable!!! SOmehow I think they are OBSESSED with getting you on the pill - I had the woman come round the day after I had her wanting to talk to me about contraception and I told her what I just put there.

They treat you liek some thicko cos you've had a baby.

hehe ranting a little there!

Anyway, re your check up - don't you feel that you were important when pregnant and now not?

Yeah it's like "you had a baby, what an idiot, go away", lol. All they talk about is contraception like the baby was a sodding accident!

Yeah it's like "you had a baby, what an idiot, go away", lol. All they talk about is contraception like the baby was a sodding accident!

lol i know! That's all she talked about with me was contraception and how am i feeling. I kinda wanted to be checked because my episiotomy scar was still painful but i had to make a seperate appointment with the doctor for that.

your spot on there hun. i had a terrible check up too. not sure if i will bother with this baby - not worth the bus fare and getting up early in the morning for:haha::haha:

Ha that's what I felt like, why did I bother getting out of bed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->