Rubbish friends :(

baby9

Reaction score
My best friend of nine years is completely crap! I told her i was pg at seven weeks as she had just moved to uni and asked me to go out drinking...didnt think i could come up with a different excuse each week so eventually i just told her. She was crap. No support or anything she just said "are you keeping it? Are you staying at uni?"

I saw her when I was around 14 weeks, beginning of December. Sbe spent the entire time talking about herself and moaning about her flat mates. Since then I havent seen her i sent her a text in Jan and we arranged to meet up at the end of Jan...she cancelled a day before and rearranged for the following week. We have camcelled and rearranged over 6 times!! And she always leaves it until an hour before to cancel. I didnt reply to her last text asking to rearrange.

She is now back from uni at home (i found out from facebook) and is posting messages to other friends asking to meet up. She's not sent me a message once!

Has anybody had any experience of friends behaving like this? She has always been a bit...odd. like if somebody is experiencing something she hasnt then she gets jealous. Like people getting boyfriends etc.

Any ideas whats wrong with her? Do you think she is just being a cow and i should forget about her? Has anybody else had this with friends? Did it get better?

Sorry for the length of this! X

Awh, so sorry :( Some friends just don't understand.
My sister in law is a lot like that, except that she still talks to me and wants to hang out, but it's so much so that she's straight up annoying. :/
Anyways, when I told her I was pregnant, she decided she wanted a baby too and every day she'd text me saying "is this how you felt, is that how you felt, we had sex yesterday, and I feel this way, am I pregnant?" Those kind of things, she just HAS to do/have anything that anybody else has/does. And when I see her, if I try to talk about pains I've been having, or just need someone to talk to, she'll change the subject to her and I'm like SHUT UP, I need somebody right now and you don't care. :(
I'm sorry about your friend, sounds like she's a bit selfish and only cares about herself.
I've had friends like that, besides my sister in law, and I've known them for years too, they never change unfortunately. :/

Selfish is definitely the right word! Stuck up too so no doubt she judges me...even though she has one night stands.
Did your SIL get pregnant? How annoying that she wanted a baby because you're having one...that'd drive me mad.
Sorry that she hasn't been supportive. How old is she and your other friends? Mine are 18-20 so not "too young to understand" just plain hopeless. I know a few people with babies and they're all understanding but have said their friends were great when they were pregnant.
X

Wow, with one night stands, she definitely has nooo right.
Luckily, no she hasn't, and now she's wanting back on birth control so I think I'm gonna get lucky on that one too. I kind of helped with that one though, told her about all the bigger problems, how awful morning sickness is, back pain, gum pain though I think that was a different problem and everything. She's nowhere near ready for a baby, so I'm hoping to keep her off one for a while. She's 19 too, she'll be 20 in July so she's older than me but acts about 13 all the time.
My friends are 16-25, and some of them have been supportive. Others just rude, one asked me who my baby daddy was and I'm like, uh, my boyfriend/fiance thanks for expecting him to leave.
At least you do have some friends who understand, I've pretty much decided not to talk to anyone who doesn't.

Ugh she doesnt sound like a very good friend. Selfish AND Conceited... If it were me id let her go.. You dont need a so called friend who only worrys bout herself. Besides do you want those type of people around your child.

This is what most of my friends did when I told them I was pregnant, and now when I try to contact them It's just like talking to a brick wall! All I can really say is 'True friends are people who know all about you and still choose to be around you' So if she cant accept that you are pregnant and be there for you which you will really need! Then she doesn't sound like much of a friend

No I definitely don't need or want her around my family, neither does my OH. He says no way will he let her into his son's life when she's been awol for the pregnancy.

Just a shame I guess as she was my one best friend since we were 9/10. Oh well, I'm sure I'll meet new people at baby groups etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->