Rude. . . Just been called fat. . .

LavaPanda

Reaction score
So. As some of you know I am a little upset that I haven't got much of a bump at 24 weeks.

Now. . like, just now, a lady has just said 'well you're a large lady so you'll show later anyway'.
Erm. . . since when was a size 10 (English sizing) fat. . . curvy maybe!
So I am now sulking because not only do I still not have a 'proper' bump (just a bit sticky outy). . . people now think I'm fat- great.

Sometimes, people should just not say anything at all -_-

So I came on here to rant instead of punching her in the head.

18301481_1834317150119198_4079324867006711349_n.jpg

^^ Bump at 24 weeks.

Did she mean tall? I know that can .and you show later.
I'm sorry, I cringe when people open their nourhes sometimes!!

Did she mean tall? I know that can .and you show later.
I'm sorry, I cringe when people open their nourhes sometimes!!

I very very much doubt it as I stand here at 5ft1 hahaha
Was just a bit of a low blow!

What on earth....you are definitely not fat! I would have reamed that lady out if I was you :p

Oh wow, you are not fat at all! My goodness!

So. As some of you know I am a little upset that I haven't got much of a bump at 24 weeks.

Now. . like, just now, a lady has just said 'well you're a large lady so you'll show later anyway'.
Erm. . . since when was a size 10 (English sizing) fat. . . curvy maybe!
So I am now sulking because not only do I still not have a 'proper' bump (just a bit sticky outy). . . people now think I'm fat- great.

Sometimes, people should just not say anything at all -_-

So I came on here to rant instead of punching her in the head.

18301481_1834317150119198_4079324867006711349_n.jpg

^^ Bump at 24 weeks.

:hugs: :hugs:

I'm sorry you had to go through that sweetheart. She should have honestly clarified but is it possible she meant your height? Tall women show later than short women. My hairdresser is tall and I'm short. She didn't start really showing until she was almost 6 months along.

The reason I ask is because from my point of view in that pic you look like you could be tall and you are most certainly not fat.

Wow. What an idiot! I feel very similar right now. 21 weeks..some clothes show a bump...some just make me look bigger than usual. Judging by your photo, I would never think fat! Although I don't think I have as much patience right now...she would have received some words back from me! Take care

That's absolutely ridiculous. You look fabulous - and are rocking that side tattoo. (A place that I'm personally not confident enough to rock. So.. I WISH I looked like you - pregnant or otherwise!)

Sorry she said that to you. It's quite absurd.

In my first pregnancy I was out trail running at about 18 weeks pregnant, I had horrible sickness that whole pregnancy and was so proud of myself for still getting out and trying to be active. Then some guy on a mountain bike went flying passed me and yelled out 'Yeah you run off that belly!'. I came home in tears. Some people just have no tact, you definitely are not fat, try not to let it bother you too much!

Jess.. That just.. I can't fathom why someone would say that to another person. Like - I guess I can sort of understand people not realizing how rude they're being when they insist you're having twins or something (at least that's pregnancy related) but to just intentionally throw an insult to someone like that?? Wtf is wrong with people?

Whhhhaaaat?! Not fat at all.

People are rude. I get called huge at work every Monday. Like stfu a*holes. I'm growing a baby.

Excuse me, I am said lady, I did not call you fat, in fact I clarified several times that I did not mean in any way that you were fat as you are obviously not. I compared you to Jordin Sparks (in case you didn't know is the lady in this picture, who I think you will agree is not fat, and has a similar body shape to you) who is well known to have a large bone structure,(aka large ribcage etc, which would prevent you from showing as much, plus I believe you just have good stomach muscles, again preventing you from showing) like I believe you have (again NOT FAT, just large bone structure, I have a medium bone structure and would not call myself fat, outside of pregnancy I'm a UK size 4! ) I'm sorry that I have offended you, I really didn't mean to, but please don't think I called you fat because I didn't. You asked for a reason why you might not be showing much, and I gave you what I thought was an honest answer as to why you wouldn't be showing. I DID NOT CALL YOU FAT

https://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w660/kittykat7210/image_zpsuo8iatod.jpg

It's not like I called you the names I get at work now that I'm pregnant (fatty, tubby, rolly) just to name a few. I never intended it to be construed as calling you fat, because I absolutely would never do that.

You are not fat!! My 13yo daughter is size 10 and she is really slim!!

Omg that was a tattoo xD I thought it was the shirt. No but seriously.

You are far from fat. I think your body looks amazing. And don't listen to that crazy hag. She apparently doesn't know what she's talking about.

As long as the doctor says that you are healthy and the baby is healthy then you have nothing to worry about. :hugs:

Omg that was a tattoo xD I thought it was the shirt. No but seriously.

You are far from fat. I think your body looks amazing. And don't listen to that crazy hag. She apparently doesn't know what she's talking about.

As long as the doctor says that you are healthy and the baby is healthy then you have nothing to worry about. :hugs:

Please read my comment, I'm not a crazy hag!

Ooh if it was kitty's comment, I haven't seen it (perhaps it's on another site?) but I think jordin sparks has a lovely figure. Perhaps it was worded slightly incorrect and taken the wrong way?
I will add I have a 'thick thighed itty bitty waist' friend who didn't get a bump until close to 30 weeks with her little boy. She used to joke about baby being in her thighs too. She's a size 8-10 top also, 14 bottom because of the thighs and booty but - still not 'fat' in fact I've never seen a tinier waist :haha:
It could just be that, that your weight distributes to different places to others. Baby will be too big to hide soon enough and I'm sure it'll be obvious :hugs:

Ooh if it was kitty's comment, I haven't seen it (perhaps it's on another site?) but I think jordin sparks has a lovely figure. Perhaps it was worded slightly incorrect and taken the wrong way?
I will add I have a 'thick thighed itty bitty waist' friend who didn't get a bump until close to 30 weeks with her little boy. She used to joke about baby being in her thighs too. She's a size 8-10 top also, 14 bottom because of the thighs and booty but - still not 'fat' in fact I've never seen a tinier waist :haha:
It could just be that, that your weight distributes to different places to others. Baby will be too big to hide soon enough and I'm sure it'll be obvious :hugs:

It's on netmums, I honestly started off wrong and just wasn't thinking, I tried to clarify what I meant but I don't think anyone paid attention, and took everything like I was trying to insult her. I feel horrible that I've actually caused hurt to this girl, I've only had 4 hours sleep because I feel so bad! I never intentionally called her fat :cry:

Part of the reason I don't use other forums is how bitchy some of the members can be, just for the sake of it.
Don't be upset, hormones do terrible things to us and I'm sure played a part in both of your reactions. If you've apologised hopefully OP sees your intentions weren't to offend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->