Rude Wedding Guests

jd83

Mom to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
So I went to my cousin's wedding this past weekend, and did the photography for her wedding. I am kind of speechless about the behavior of her guests, though, and surely I can't be alone on this...

So immediately following the ceremony, I took the bridal party all out to shoot the group shots in the outdoor settings. About 10 minutes into taking pictures, a group of guests came up and complained that we were taking too long, they were hungry, and they also wanted to leave soon, so could she do her pictures later? Umm...WHAT??? I have never in my life heard anything like this, and the audacity of this was just unbelievable! Her wedding was at 3pm, not late, and was over in like 30 minutes. So it was still not really even meal time. These people just didn't want to stay at the reception! So my cousin I could tell was completely pissed at how her guests were acting, but felt she had no choice, or they were just going to leave, so she stopped doing pics and went in to do the meal. I found a towel for her to put over her dress so she wouldn't accidentally drop food on it, since she hadn't even gotten through 1/4 of the wedding shots of bridal party and her and groom yet. Ridiculous that she even needed to do that at her reception. So sure enough, a whole ton of guests quickly ate, and then packed up and left. Didn't wait for her to cut the cake, do the first dance, nothing. She was about in tears.

Honestly, I have never seen anything like this before. I was just in shock at how incredibly rude these people were, at a wedding of all places, when it's supposed to be her day to feel special, and they make her feel like her wedding and reception aren't worth their time. So upset for her.

That is very rude. Your poor cousin. She must regret inviting them. Hope she still had a lovely day, despite some of her guests poor behaviour.

I hope so! I just told her to remember the day was about her and her husband, to try and not focus on everyone else. Just take in the moments they were having together. That's about the best I could come up with the try and make it seem somewhat better, although I thought the whole thing was pretty discouraging for her, so can only imagine how she was actually feeling.

I dont think i would be speaking to those "friends" anytime soon. Unless it was to go to a social gathering they have spent months organising so i could give them what they deserve!

we got married last week abroad, and only had 18 guests, however some guests acted appalling, calling one member an effing B!tch........ disgraceful behavior! made the whole wedding party go deadly silent.

we had one guest, who moved me (yes the bride!!) out of wedding photos as she didnt want me in them, so have lots of oh's pics by himself with certain family members and not me, whereas im polite wouldn't cause a scene or anything, they were telling our photographer what to do, and he tried explaining we ha a list, and due to the confrontation, we lost out on alot of the pics we wanted of us 3 as a family, as we only had our photographer for 6 hours.
one moved our table plan around whilst we went to have photos as she didnt wanted to be seated next to certain people

im am so disgusted at how some of our guests acted at our wedding!

we got married last week abroad, and only had 18 guests, however some guests acted appalling, calling one member an effing B!tch........ disgraceful behavior! made the whole wedding party go deadly silent.

we had one guest, who moved me (yes the bride!!) out of wedding photos as she didnt want me in them, so have lots of oh's pics by himself with certain family members and not me, whereas im polite wouldn't cause a scene or anything, they were telling our photographer what to do, and he tried explaining we ha a list, and due to the confrontation, we lost out on alot of the pics we wanted of us 3 as a family, as we only had our photographer for 6 hours.
one moved our table plan around whilst we went to have photos as she didnt wanted to be seated next to certain people

im am so disgusted at how some of our guests acted at our wedding!

Wow, that is awful too! Honestly, at a wedding, the bride and groom should BOTH be in pretty much most pictures together! That's the whole entire point! Wow, sorry you had such appalling guests too:(

That really awful! :-( she should send them all bill for the food seeing as that's all they were interested in!

Wow... It's not like people don't know what a wedding entails?! Geesh.

So sorry she dealt with any of that! how rude.

Omg that's awful! People are disgusting

Wow... It's not like people don't know what a wedding entails?! Geesh.

So sorry she dealt with any of that! how rude.

My thoughts exactly! Every wedding I have ever been to, including my own, had a break between the ceremony and reception so that pictures could be done before the reception, especially before the meal and cake! I don't get people like that, thinking the world revolves around what they want at someone else's wedding.

People behaving horribly is so common- like almost everyone I know has a horror story- that I really wonder whether people realise how stupid they are acting or how important it is to the couple getting married. Your poor cousin must have been heartbroken.

Wow - if someone had said tha to me when i'd been having my wedding pictures taken my response would have been 'ok - bye then!' How unbelievably rude.
I hope it didn't spoil her day too much :(

That is awful. If it were me, I'd remember who ate and left early so I could distance myself from them.

The only legit reason (in my mind) to leave a wedding early is a child/medical emergency. and even then you don't demand to eat first. you make your apologies and go.

Absolutely agree, I would be distancing myself if it were me. Clearly they aren't the type of friends she had thought, because real true friends would never do something like that on your big day.

I went to a wedding recently. I really didn't enjoy myself. It was not my thing at all... BUT, I stayed til quite late, I smiled, I acted like I enjoyed myself and I told the couple what a fab time I had.
Because the day was THEIRS and not mine!

I have never understood why people make everything about themselves.
I hope the bride doesn't send them a thank you card, as they clearly don't deserve one. I also hope she distances herself from them too.

Bloody hell thats appalling! !!
Why on earth did she agree to have the food served? I would have told the guests to take a hike.

Bloody hell thats appalling! !!
Why on earth did she agree to have the food served? I would have told the guests to take a hike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->