• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Rules" of the Natural C-Section...

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
First off, would love to hear experiences of anyone who has had a "natural CS". I know they are uncommon but on the rise. Questions like how did you get the providers to agree, what happened, etc.

For everyone else, im just curious about learning more about this approach. It truly seems like a wonderful alternative to moms needing/wanting a CS but also desiring a birth that encompass some of the gentle elements of a vaginal birth (but in a different way, obviously). So i know immediate skin-to-skin is one, then there is taking the baby out slowly, as well as letting the cord stop pulsating, etc. What else happens?

Im very interested in learning how one goes about getting a provider (and the rest of the care team) to agree to such. As i know there is quite a lot of protocol involved and the fact that this is a relatively new practice.

I've heard about these too.
I've been thinking if me ruining it to my consultant, if I'm totally honest I'm not too fussed in the delayed cord stuff I just really want skin 2 skin this time,
I felt I missed out hugely in my previous 2 sections by not being offered skin2skin

^Even though i had a vaginal birth w my first, they wisked him away so quick. I only got to have skin-to-skin with him until the placenta was birthed and off he went for "observation". I didn't even get to hold him until 12-13 hours later :( So i understand that...it's almost like a "loss" kind of. like i feel like those first hours are sooo important and i truly feel that it hindered my bonding experience with him. It's time you cant get back, so i respect that a lot. I hope you are able to get them to agree to S2S hon. It's things like that that help us mamas process everything :hugs:

My hospital and Doctor were pro breastfeeding so after they cleaned my LO I was able to have skin to skin the whole time I was in the emergency room, and I was able to breastfeed while in the recovery room. I don't know about the other stuff you wanted to know, but I'd suggest finding a provider or talking to your provider about what you want, because in the end it's your decision.

I had an emergency cs and skin to skin, although I'd had a general and was out of it lol

following. I had an EMCS with my 2nd baby, vertical section. So I wont be allowed to attempt a VBAC, and sooo desperately want a natural birth once I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby. any advice any insight I would appreciate. I'm in Canada and I don't know if they will allow this?

Jencm, I'm in Canada too and I think that you can request certain things by creating a birth plan and talking to your Midwife/OB to get them to advocate for you, (I guess a lot would depend on your hospital's policies as well). I have also heard this referred to as a gentle c-section; where a mother's arms are not tied down, skin to skin contact is provided immediately following birth, delayed cord clamping is practiced, DH can cut the cord, baby goes to the recovery room with you, etc. You can also request a quiet environment in the delivery room. I know some hospitals in the states let you play quiet music and have the lights dimmed as well...

I just found out at the beginning of this week that my baby is breech, we are going for a scan next week to confirm her position she is. We will monitor her to see if she flips on her own and likely attempt an ECV (depending on her position). I am also doing everything in my power to get her to flip (exercises, chiropractor, etc). If she doesn't flip and the ECV is unsuccessful, my midwife has advised that we schedule a c-section. I was planning on a natural birth so was devestated by this news but learning more about gentle c-sections has helped me feel a bit better about things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->