• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Running away in the uk to get married

Lollip0p

Reaction score
Me and my oh want to get married around June next year, we was going to go abroad to get married, but we are also going to start ttc number 2 soon, so I want to stay in this country to get married, as I dont fancy being 6 months pregnant in a hot country, and with my last last pregnancy I had lots of complications, so would like to stay in the uk.

Is there some we can go to like grenta green to et married in the uk? my oh doesn't want to go there, but im unsure if anywhere else in the uk does weddings like that. We have thought about going away on holiday and doing it like being abroad but in this country, due to the above reasons. We are hoping a few close family will come with us, and a uk holiday is more accessible to some of them.

Thanks

I can't think of anywhere like Gretna, but realistically you could go anywhere in the UK and have a registry office wedding? Or there is somewhere in Cornwall you can get married on the beach (if that's what you're after) sorry I'm not much help! Xx

You could go anywhere! Beach, beauty spot etc then just go to the local registry office to make it official and sign the forms x

you can have a humanist ceremony pretty much anywhere :) my mum got married on a beach in scotland with just the humanist celebrant, her husband and my sister and I there and it was lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->