running with a buggy

flosie

Reaction score
Hi, i'm not sure if this is the right place to post, i'm hoping one of you will be able to help me. I want to join in in a bootcamp style fitness class that you do with your baby in a pushchair. There are no guidelines or rules on what kind of pushchair you need to use, but i was wandering what kind of pushchair would be good and not too expensive for this kind of class.
The class lasts 45 minutes and involves a little jogging, maybe 5 minutes jogging total. The rest is things like lunges, sit ups etc. What would you suggest for this? My pushchair i have at the moment is quite heavy and bulky. My dd is nearly 12 months.

I would just think anything lighter weight with maybe decent shocks? Prob depends on the terrain you'll be running on- if it's flat, and just for 5 mins, it shouldn't matter much. I could run with my lightweight stroller- but for all terrain roads and runs/walks in the hills close to my house- I have a stroller with good shocks and goes over bumps and gravel etc... smoothly. Like a jogging stroller :)

I've got a baby jogger performance which is made for running but I've seen loads of runners running with all kinds of buggy's. The biggest difference is most of the general off the shelf buggy's lack suspension. I saw a child recently of about 12 months being thrown around in the buggy whilst their dad pushed them, lord knows how they were asleep!

I'd pop along and see what everyone else has and what the terrain is like. I could run with my little one on a flat path in his quinny zap extra without a problem but if you hit a stone or go offload he'd be thrown out as there is no give at all so I don't bother.

It's also common to not hold the buggy when you run, you push it out in front on a lanyard and then catch it a few seconds later and repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->