Rx pain meds during pregnancy

LeeBee

Reaction score
So today I fell down some stairs and broke my foot.... OW.... and the doctor prescribed me Vicodin. They say it's "safe" for pregnant women to take, but I still find myself a little weary...

What do you guys think? Would you take a prescription pain med while your were pregnant?

I take lorecet plus (hydrocodone). They have deemed it safe in smaller quantities. If I have to take it I take half the normal dose, and try only once or twice a day.

I would try to manage with tylenol (acetaminophen) but if it wasn't enough I'd probably take the vicodin, but as little as I could get away with to make the pain tolerable. Hope you recover quickly.

If you are in alot of pain and you feel you require pain killers then as long as the doctor feels they are safe, take them.

If you are coping with the pain then don't. They say that the likes of paracetamol are very safe as only a tiny bit if any is passed through to the baby. The likes of ibuprofen as far as i am aware is a no no in pregnancy.

I hope your foot gets better soon x

I had to get demerol shots when I was pregnant. I tried to suffer without, but really, thats not good either!

I was prescribed vicodin during pregnancy, I took only when absolutely couldnt handle the pain. If your doctor has prescribed it then I'd say you needed it and possibly not controlling your pain could cause as bad if not worse complications:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->