SA results, 0% morphology?

babyplease22

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm after some information regarding the results of my husband's first semen analysis. To make a long story short I'm currently out of town and was not able to go with him to get his results. This was my mistake lol.

He called me immediately after he left the doctors office and told me his sperm count was roughly 10x higher than the average count. I didn't get an actual number. His mobility was bang on 32% but his morphology was at 0%. He did not think to ask the doctor what this meant for us and our chance don't or conceiving naturally. He has been ordered to come back in 6 weeks for a second SA. DH asked if there was anything he could do in the mean time like take certain vitamins etc and the doctor said not at this stage.

The doctor was supposed to call and answer questions today but hasn't and DH can't go back at see him for another week. So basically I want to know without having all the information can someone a little more knowledgeable than me please give me a rough percentage, what are our chances of conceiving naturally? Does the incredibly high count cancel out the bad morphology or is bad morphology it's self the worst diagnosis? Is there anything he can do to try and increase his morphology? Any information or stories from people in similar situations would be so greatly appreciated.

Edited to add: We have only been TTC for 7 cycles and had no reason to suspect anything was wrong. However DH casually mentioned it to his Dr when he went in for something unrelated and an SA was offered so we thought why not? Very glad he took that chance now.

Didn't want to read and run even though I can't be much help. I think morphology is shape though so either that means all of them or none of them are the right shape??

Didn't want to read and run even though I can't be much help. I think morphology is shape though so either that means all of them or none of them are the right shape??

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Yeah apparently 0% means none of them are the right shape. A lot of them are missing tails and things like that. So I have that information but what I'm wondering is, can these abnormal shaped sperm still fertizile an egg seeing as they have average mobility etc? Or are they unable to? Also if one of these abnormal sperm did manage to fertilize an egg would the embryo be normal?

We were told from our RE that low morphology results in infertility because the sperm cannot penetrate the egg. Google supplements and take them religiously is what we are currently doing! After two years, no luck yet, but I am praying. Hoping for the best for you!

I've actually had a couple of friends deal with low morphology. I don't recall if they were 0% but they were well below the threshold for what is considered normal. One couple (the husband) took zinc I believe- might want to google to confirm and they eventually got pregnant naturally but after a couple of years. The other couple got pregnant with her being on clomid with an IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->