Sac measuring ahead of baby

SarahA

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had an early scan yesterday at what should have been 7+0 weeks. I tried a new u/s clinic, and it was NOT a good decision. Previously, my early scans have been transvaginal, so I was confused when the tech only did an abdominal scan... I was expecting something more invasive...

Anyway, baby looked fine, measuring 6+6 weeks, nice strong heartbeat of 136 bpm. But the gestational sac measured 7+4 weeks.

Does anyone have experience with this? Where the baby was measuring right where it should be but the sac was bigger? I feel like the CRL measurements and heart rate are what I should be concerned with, and those are right on track. So I'm worrying myself over nothing, right?

My doctors never even measure my sac that early! They just look for a proper-sized baby and a proper heartbeat! I would only worry if the sac was wayyy bigger than baby, or if your baby was measuring small by a week or more (although my current fetus was small by 12 days and is fine!). Everything will even out! Although my sac is always on the bigger side throughout my pregnancies, and it's just the way I grow 'em.

I had that this time around too. I went for a scan on 6+1 and the feral pole was measuring 6+0, but the sac was measuring several days ahead (as was the yolk). I remember her putting he markers on the baby and thinking she'd missed bits off as it was right up against the wall of the sac, so maybe it would have been bigger - but then she is an expert, so what do I know? :haha:

I was curious about the large sac too - it seemed large too to look at and I hope that's not a bad sign. My baby was in the bottom of the sac and I thought I saw a shadow of something in the top of the sac, but that's probably my wishful thinking for twins.

As long as the baby had a heartbeat it should be fine. Some people have excessive fluid but I think as long as it is within 5 days difference they consider it "normal". Just make sure you watch your sugars and carbs when you get further along because gestational diabetes can contribute to too much fluid. I wouldn't worry about it too much now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->