Sac shape = gender prediction?

Mummy2aStar

Eva & Layla's mummy xx
Reaction score
So for people who have early scans...apparently if the gestational sac is Oval it = a girl...if its a jelly bean shape it = equals a boy!

I had to ovals in my early scan and had girls!!

X

I love reading these...I think it's fun guessing via different methods but at the end of the day it's only fun....I wouldn't think what's between the legs can determine sac shape, heart rate, bump height etc

Sac shapes depend on if the sonographer is in the transverse or longitudinal planes

I had a scan yesterday am only 6weeks and it was jellybean shape. Am going to find out gender when i can. Fx i want a boy first :thumbup:

I've never heard of this before. But both my early scans were jelly bean shape and I have one of each. My scan this time around is also a jellybean shape!

I love reading these...I think it's fun guessing via different methods but at the end of the day it's only fun....I wouldn't think what's between the legs can determine sac shape, heart rate, bump height etc

Sac shapes depend on if the sonographer is in the transverse or longitudinal planes

This makes sense - I have had 2 early scans from this pregnancy because of risk factors and one is a jellybean, but the second scan is oval! So 2 different shapes in the same pregnancy.

This makes sense - I have had 2 early scans from this pregnancy because of risk factors and one is a jellybean, but the second scan is oval! So 2 different shapes in the same pregnancy.

I'm a radiographer, currently studying ultrasound at post grad level....my heads fried with planes :winkwink:

Like pp said, depends on sonographer. I had scans each week from 6-13 and the shape is sometimes oval and sometimes jellybean....depending on how the probe was being held when pic was taken.

My sons was a perfect oval! This one is kind of jelly bean. Interesting theory!

I love all these things, and old wives tales. I always take a guess with them.
This babies sac is an oval and I'm hoping for a girl hehe

My favorite way to tell is pee pee for a boy, hoo ha for a girl. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"