Sad at familys response to number 4 :(

I'm only on number 3, but have had comments like "I thought you didn't want anymore kids" with a rolling of the eyes, even after telling that particular person that I was going off birth control. People think you must live your life the way they live theirs for some reason.

People are so hateful, I swear. I understand them saying "another one? holy cow! Congrats! How do you do it?" Or something to that affect. But, some of the comments I've read here are so cold.

Sure- It is more unusual nowadays for people to have more than 3. I only plan to have one. But, that's ME. I don't expect people to do things the way I do them, and I don't understand that mentality! Some people dream of having a huge family, and if they can then they should! Life is short and as far as I know you only get one- so we should have a life that makes us happy... and support others in that pursuit as well.

Oh well... haters gon hate. ;-)

We're on our 3rd and have only told immediate family and my sister was really shocked and didn't believe me. The grandparents on my husand's side were excited for another. But my other sister and my own mother asked if it was planned. Of course it was but even if it wasn't what does it matter and would i be telling you if I wasn't happy about it? My other sister said congratulations but I could tell in her voice that she thought it was a mistake. But i'm choosing to not care what they say, and ignore the negativity as it's our life and this is what we wanted my husband has a great job and I get to be a SAHM.

people are annoying.:)

Sister said when we found out last was a girl that I could now get my tubes tied because I had a boy and a girl..lol

same sister had bulgy eyes and jaw drop when I told her this time..

Although in her defense it's like cause I am 3mppd so yea. Either way I don't really give a shit what ppl think..:)Unless they want me to offer up some thoughts on their lives - :)

Ive had this too we have 3 girls and everyone has said oh you will be having another girl so don't know why your having another etc im like park your nose in someone elses business its not welcome here x

Three girls here too! Getting a boy my fourth! So excited for a change in clothing! Lol but the family isn't as supportive...my aunt actually told me to abort my third!! Witch! She doesn't know about this one....and to be honest, her granddaughter is a welfare queen having her second with a free ride thanks to Obama...this is our fourth and WE don't get any assistance...so I don't know why she's acting like were taking from anyone! F everyone who can't support!

I got the same reaction when I told my family I was pregnant with my second ( which I lost) Its silly really because I gave up my career and chose to be a SAHM and only work part time now. Their exact thoughts, I am wasting my life away despite being so educated and if I have another child, I will work part time for longer. They dont understand that a child is more important to me than a career. I dont know now if I will be able to have another child but if I do, I don't care what they think. It bothered me at first, but the joy of another child is way more than the negativeness brought on by others.
I know you are sad now hun but it will get better.
Good luck with your pregnancy and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

This is my first....but I love this thread! I'm a Nicu nurse, and was an ob tech. You girls love your families and provide for them! I had tons of patients that just wanted a higher check. Sad to think like that, I know. And then others who just wanted big families. Sorry your families haven't been thrilled--hope they will when the babies get here!

Ugh do people really act like that? I don't understand. As long as you love your kids and are able to provide for them, have as many as you want I say!

I envy those who have more that two. I am on my second, and I am an older mom, so this would be our last. Finacially we can't afford more than two.

That said, a girl here at work was so disappointed to find out she was pregnant with her third, as they didn't want more than two.......well everyone here at work and in her personal life was cheering her on, and she is now a happy mommy of three and wouldn't change it for the world! Although they did have to buy a bigger house! :haha:

A baby is a baby and a blessing, no matter what "number"! :flower:

I'm pregnant with number 6..

We are comfortable, hubby has a great job, I'm a SAHM, no welfare/have private health insurance and pay a lot of taxes! Yet we get a fair bit of hassle! Also shock lol. Especially from the MIL!! This is our last and wasn't planned (found out same day hubby booked his vasectomy) but so what, people do need to mind their own business!!! Thankfully there's a few other big families on our street!

The plan is to not tell the MIL and just wait and see if she notices :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->