Sad Christmas

Gratitude93

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I haven't had the best Christmas so far...I am eight weeks pregnant and we were planning to tell the daddy's mom today, but when the mom came over she had to tell the family bad news that her brother (daddy's uncle,) is in the hospital, and she seemed pretty upset. He then decided that today wasn't the day to tell everyone, as soon as he told me that I just could not stop crying, and still can't. I just have so many emotions and feelings going on, and I am sure the hormones aren't helping. His way of seeing it is that his mom is already emotional and doesn't need this news now, and the way I see it is, what if something worse happens to the uncle and then he passes, then she will be REALLY emotional...There is no "perfect" time to tell the family, but I was just so looking forward to it today, I was just crushed after he made that decision. I think another reason I am so distraught is because my mom passed away a few years ago, so I was really looking forward to having his mom get this news and forming a different relationship with her, because I cannot with my own mom. Holidays still aren't easy with her passing so this one is just...well...blah.:cry:

I feel selfish for getting so upset, I feel let down, and upset because the family I have told just hasn't been very happy for me or excited. I just don't know how I am supposed to feel. I know I have many more weeks to tell people and be happy but so far it just hasn't gone so well..

Thanks for reading my rant, and I hope everyone else is having a great Christmas.

I'm so sorry you were disappointed. I think our hormones being all over the place make us extra emotional. I'm sure the right time to tell her will happen soon and when she's able to focus on you and this happy news and not be worrying about her brother so much.
I'm sorry you out your mother I'm sure that makes this time of the year hard. {hugs}

Pregnanc hormones do not help at all. I'm sorry about your mom, my hubby's mom passed away in 2007, just months before our first was born. Christmas has always been a hard time for him, we basically try to survive it for the kids. So the little joy you were feeling was taken from you and that is hard to face. Don't worry the perfect moment will come and it will be even better than what you had planned. :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->