:( sad news

choccy cookie

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone on here could give me a glimmer of hope.

I am 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant today and last night i started to bleed (red blood not brown) with period like pains but not too painfull to start.

I woke up this morning and the bleeding had increased slightly then as the day has gone on it has got progressively worse.

I have been to the docs and they said that they cant really do anything yet because the fetus is so small and will probably just worry me more because they might not see a heartbeat even if there was one.

Anyway, I have been torturing myself on the internet and have read that a lot of women experience some type of blood loss during their first trimester and go on to have healthy babies.

I have already miscarried once and just have a bad feeling again that this is going to be bad news :(

has anyone else had bleeding and pain and gone on to have a healthy baby?

Thanks

xx

I am so sorry, I have just experienced and am still experiencing the same thing.
I did read about those women who had blood loss in the first trimester and sometimes throughout their pregnancy and had gone on to birth healthy children. I hope that this is what is happening to you.

Personally I have never had a happy ending with bleeding, but I have read a lot of stories on here where it has not meant the end. Sensitive cervix's and losing a twin can all cause bleeding without meaning a pregnancy is over.
Wishing you the best hun, rest up and take it easy x

Aww hun so sorry you are going through this! I hope the outcome is good for you :hugs:

Choccy cookie... I have had bleeding go BOTH ways.

Once, I had red bleeding at 6 weeks that went to brown spotting and the baby was healthy.

Another time I had bleeding (right now) and it is a miscarriage.

With my missed mc I had nothing, no bleeding till I took the tablets to expel the dead pregnancy.

I really hope that it is not all over for you...

sorry to here this,

i had alot of bleeding around 5 weeks too, the doctor said the same to me but booked me in for a scan a week later, i was beside my self,
my scan the following week showed a little heart beat, the found that the blood had come from the top of my uterus, that baby is now 4 years old, so try to keep positive hun

fingers crossed for you xxx

i bled on 2 of my pregnancies and both were fine hun..
my blood was from the cervix and no where near the whomb
gl x

Choccy cookie... I have had bleeding go BOTH ways.

Once, I had red bleeding at 6 weeks that went to brown spotting and the baby was healthy.

Another time I had bleeding (right now) and it is a miscarriage.

With my missed mc I had nothing, no bleeding till I took the tablets to expel the dead pregnancy.

I really hope that it is not all over for you...

bless you hun :cry: its horrible isnt it. If this is a mc it is my 2nd, its an emotional rollercoaster.

My last was a silent mis-carriage, the fetus stopped growing at 5 weeks but i didnt actually mc until 12 weeks, one day before my first scan.

Good luck in the future hun and keep trying, i will, its hard but us women are built of strong stuff!

Take care and sending hugs your way :hugs:

xxx

i bled on 2 of my pregnancies and both were fine hun..
my blood was from the cervix and no where near the whomb
gl x

Hi did you have lower abdominal pain like period pains? This is the thing thats scaring me because i have read that women have had bleeding but nothing about pain aswell?

The pain has eased now but still bleeding :cry:

im trying to stay positive but the doubt is always there in the back of my mind, i dont want to build myself up for a fall.

thanks for you comment its encouraging.

xxx

I hope everything is all right. I had some heavy bleeding (about 5 +2) with my last pregnancy and was sure that I had miscarried, when I finally got into the doctors(I started bleeding over the weekend), they saw a strong heartbeat. They thought that I had somehow pulled part of the sac away from the uterus and that was were the bleeding was coming from. I had a healthy little girl 7.5 months ago.

My prayers are with you.

Any update? How are you doing today? Hoping all is well x

Hi no pain now only had pain for 1 day and were no worse that period pains but still bleeding (from sunday to today) :cry:

im trying to stay hopefull though. Shows not over till the fat lady sings!!

will keep you updated. i have a scan on 7th Feb. Fingers crossed hey!

thanks for asking. xx

I hope everything is all right. I had some heavy bleeding (about 5 +2) with my last pregnancy and was sure that I had miscarried, when I finally got into the doctors(I started bleeding over the weekend), they saw a strong heartbeat. They thought that I had somehow pulled part of the sac away from the uterus and that was were the bleeding was coming from. I had a healthy little girl 7.5 months ago.

My prayers are with you.

Hi Hun,

thanks for your comments. Just hope i am as lucky as you and it will be something like that.

xxx

I don't blame you hun, just try and relax and take things easy.

I'll be thinking of you on Monday :flow:

Hi honey,

Just came to share my experience, but it probably won't make you feel any better. I'm sorry.

In my first pregnancy, I had spotting at 6 weeks. No pain. No cramping. Just a little bit of red fading to brown throughout the day. It lasted a whole day, so I called my doctor, and they sent me in for an emergency scan -- where they found a heartbeat, nice and strong! That was a very healthy pregnancy and it resulted in my wonderful daughter, Elsie. So yeah, a little bit of bleeding isn't necessarily the end, but it did not come with any cramping, and it stopped within 2 days.

My second pregnancy, I had the same thing, one day of bleeding at 6 weeks. I was scared, but I decided to wait at home, and it stopped after 24 hours. My pregnancy symptoms continued to increase (morning sickness got worse every day), so I figured I was fine.

Then, at 8 weeks, my sickness dropped to nothing, and a few days later, I started bleeding again, not heavily, just spotting, but this time there were light cramps, and it did not stop. I called my doctor and went in for an emergency scan at 9 weeks, where they diagnosed blighted ovum -- like an empty pregnancy, no baby. It was bad news, and I had to wait for my miscarriage or choose an intervention. I waited for 3-4 weeks and then got the D&C.

I'm sorry that my experience probably points to bad news for you. Please let us know how your scan goes. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the very best.

Love and strength to you! It's so hard to wait like this.

hope your ok? i would demand a scan. I bleed loadsa blood but no pain at 6 weeks, althou baby died at 19 weeks. My sister bled throughtout her pregnancy and baby lived. PLease lie down and try not to stress, i wish i hada bed rested myself more, we can never know whats going to happen and life deals us our own cards :(
fingers crossed and keep us updated, were totally here for you watever the outcome pet xox

Hi
I had very much the same as you inmy last pregnancy.
I had had 5 previous miscarriages of differing kinds - three 'natural' and two mmcs which ended in an ERPC both times.
I tested on my last pregnancy two days before period was due and got a positive then started to bleed similarly to the last mcs so assumed I was mcing again. Went out on works night out, got tipsy and had a rare steak. Next day made appointment to see consultant who confirmed pregnancy with scan at 6 weeks - thought I was going to arrange management of mc again. Now have a 5 week old daughter.
I hope this works out well for you - you're in my thoughts x

Bless you all!!

Today cant go quick enough! I probably wont sleep tonight but i am prepared for watever the outcome is.

As i have had to wait a week for the scan i have convinced myself that 80% of me thinks its over but the other 20% (because of the positive stories on here) is really hopefull, but dont want to get too excited just incase it is bad news.

Everyone on here has been fantastic and all the comments have helped me get through this week so just want to say thank you and i will keep you all posted on the outcome - good :happydance: or bad :cry:

Again thanks! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"