Sad stuff

Lizzybee

Mom to 1, StepMum to 1
Reaction score
Since having my lo 2.5yrs ago, I seem to have become really sensitive/emotional. E.g my dh watches films and I have suddenly noticed that they involve deaths of people in families, children dying or being taken hostage etc. I know he watched these films before and they never bothered me but now they make me cry. I have a very overactive imagination and imagine how I would feel if that was us. Cue tears! I find it very difficult to watch anything with him because I just blub! I know I dont have PPD because dh would be the first person to notice and tell me to go to the docs!! Lol but has this happened to anyone else? Is it because of motherhood or my age!!!

I 100% am the same since having DD (3 years ago now). I used to watch murder mystery shows and scary movies and now I can't handle any of them because it always goes straight to me thinking about how awful it would be if something happened like what I'm watching. I become a mess. Crying, having bad dreams. It's awful. I totally understand your feelings :hugs:

I studied voice for years and did a bunch of musicals and shows and since having dd anytime I really sing I can't get more than a line without getting choked up. It's not the same as your reaction to shows, but used to be something I did all the time with such confidence and now I can barely squeak out.

I'm 27 so I doubt its age. It really does suck. It was such a big part of my life and I trained so hard for it and now it's gone :(

I do see horror movies nearly every time I go to bed at night. Every time I close my eyes for bed I'm bombarded with all these images and scenarios where dd is in danger or hurt. :(

I was never remotely sensitive about children before DD but now I have to check the media I use for anything relating to child abuse, child death anything. I can't even watch something about a parent dying because all I can think about is the children. I think it's fairly normal, your whole world changes when you become a parent so why wouldn't your sensitivities

I am exactly the same. I can't watch or read anything sad because I just imagine myself or my children in that scenario and I panic and cry. I do not watch the news because of the negative emotional effect it has on me.
I have heard a lot of people say how they are a lot more emotional and easily upset since having children :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->