*Sad update* First ultrasound/blood test... let the worrying begin!

bostonblonde

Reaction score
To my surprise, I'm pregnant again, the same cycle as my chemical pregnancy, which was on the 23rd of November. I found out I was pregnant on Boxing Day. Because my cycle was messed up from the chemical, I didn't know when AF was due, but I do know I ovulated late because I got a positive opk on CD 17-18 (9th - 10th of December).

I went to my first early ultrasound yesterday. By dates I'm over 6 weeks, so I kinda hoped to see at least an embryo. But the ultrasound only showed a gestational sac with no yolk, which would put me at just barely 5 weeks. :( When I told the doctor I had a chemical and I knew I ovulated late, she seemed a bit relieved and she looked up the dates based on my positive opk and I was measuring okay for that.

Then I had bloodwork done, and thankfully was able to get my results back same day. My hcg was 353. The doctor said that's just fine for how I was measuring. I'm still not reassured because I have a follow up blood test on Saturday.

I am so scared they'll find my hcg is going down, not up. When I first found out I was pregnant my bbs were more consistently sore. Now they're on and off, mostly worse in the middle of the night then okay during the day. I am constantly scared I'm losing my symptoms, even though I don't have too many besides sore bbs -- just very tired and sluggish mostly. Not really any nausea at all.

I thought being pregnant again would make me happier, but I'm finding it pretty hard to be anything but worried!

Good Luck, I hope it's a healthy sticky bean this time for you

Good luck - hope your next blood test eases your worries :hugs:

hx

Good luck, bostonblonde. Hope the blood test on Saturday is good, & that this little bean is a sticky one!

Thanks everyone... I got my second blood test results back from today. The doctor said my hcg levels are "rising somewhat" (she didn't give me a number) but wants me to have another test done on Monday morning because it's too early to tell anything.

I am so sick of worrying. :(

fxd - at least they're rising.

hx

Hate to say it, but my worries were justified. I started miscarrying on Wednesday. :cry: I will now go back to the Miscarriage forum where I always seem to end up.

Best of luck to all of you ladies in here, I am truly happy for you and it does give me hope that one day it will happen for me as well. :hugs:

So sorry Bostone blonde. Hope you're back here really soon xxxx

So sorry BostonBlonde :hugs:

It will happen for you I'm sure - Hope you get the support you need through this horrible time - maybe speak to your doctor about recurrent MC?

Take care

hx

So sorry, bostonblonde. How heartbreaking for you. I so hope that things work out for you very soon. xxx

I'm so sorry, I have endured the heartbreak once and hope to never again. I wish I could reach through and give you a hug!

Awww lovely, I am so sorry you are going through this again, life can be so unfair sometimes. I hope we see you back here soon :hugs: Keep trying and stay strong. xxxx

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I hope you get some answers :hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->