sad...

KayeChay

Reaction score
Just left the hospital and my doctor told me I have Primary Ovarian Insufficency (POI). Maybe I'm not destined to be a mother. Since I left the hospital I laid in bed and cried. I won't be able to get over this.

I know I sound like a downer but I was really hoping for some good news today and instead I got that..

I just feel like I failed as a woman. I feel sorry for my husband for having to deal with something like this. Atleast he's supporting me and trying to chear me up.

Well anybody that reads this pathetic thread, sorry. I hope you ladies get a baby that we all are longing for. Have a happy new year and God bless

Just left the hospital and my doctor told me I have Primary Ovarian Insufficency (POI). Maybe I'm not destined to be a mother. Since I left the hospital I laid in bed and cried. I won't be able to get over this.

I know I sound like a downer but I was really hoping for some good news today and instead I got that..

I just feel like I failed as a woman. I feel sorry for my husband for having to deal with something like this. Atleast he's supporting me and trying to chear me up.

Well anybody that reads this pathetic thread, sorry. I hope you ladies get a baby that we all are longing for. Have a happy new year and God bless

:hugs: Don't lose all hope... it's still possible to get pregnant, just harder. And you could consider adoption, right? If you want to be a mother, you may just have to find a unique way. That's how I am trying to deal with not conceiving. I haven't gone for major testing yet - I want to give that another year. I guess all you can do is vent it out. And feel OK about being sad, you are grieving a major loss. And maybe have a glass of wine ;) :wine: Best to you.

Thank you Starryjune, I talked to my husband about adoption. I would consider that.. the only thing is I'll never be able to look at a child and think "She/he has my nose or eyes or freckles." I thought about if my husband could use his sperm with a donor egg but he said he won't have a child without me so adoption is what he would also do.

I just feel that all hope is lost.. like it's the end of the world. I know pretty silly of me..

Thank you Starryjune, I talked to my husband about adoption. I would consider that.. the only thing is I'll never be able to look at a child and think "She/he has my nose or eyes or freckles." I thought about if my husband could use his sperm with a donor egg but he said he won't have a child without me so adoption is what he would also do.

I just feel that all hope is lost.. like it's the end of the world. I know pretty silly of me..

I would feel the same. It's a fresh wound that needs to heal before you can think more rationally. And I know someone (family member) who has this and had TWO healthy girls! It took a while, but it happened as soon as she gave up "trying."

What tests did your doctor do to come to this diagnosis?. I am hoping it was a miss-diagnosis, but even if it turns out to be the case there is are ways to improve egg health and make your body ovulate.

What tests did your doctor do to come to this diagnosis?. I am hoping it was a miss-diagnosis, but even if it turns out to be the case there is are ways to improve egg health and make your body ovulate.

She did some blood work and i had an ultrasound. I was hoping that I was miss-diagnosis too.. Well I read that I have a 5%-10% of concieving on my own. basically, It's not impossible but not likely. Since, my ovaries stop functioning I may not have any eggs.

We are thinking of doing IVF with donor eggs.Which, I read that's the best for woman with POI. Whatever it takes right?

She did some blood work and i had an ultrasound. I was hoping that I was miss-diagnosis too.. Well I read that I have a 5%-10% of concieving on my own. basically, It's not impossible but not likely. Since, my ovaries stop functioning I may not have any eggs.

We are thinking of doing IVF with donor eggs.Which, I read that's the best for woman with POI. Whatever it takes right?

Hey, I'm sorry this happened to you. I didn't know what POI was and I searched it and found this treatment. I'll copy and paste what I found.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
HRT is the most common treatment for women with POI. It gives the body the estrogen and other hormones that the ovaries are not making. HRT improves sexual health and decreases the risks for cardiovascular disease (including heart attacks, stroke, and high blood pressure) and osteoporosis.4

If a woman with POI begins HRT, she is expected to start having regular periods again. In addition, HRT is expected to reduce other symptoms, such as hot flashes and night sweats, and help maintain bone health. HRT will not prevent pregnancy, and evidence suggests it might improve pregnancy rates for women with POI by lowering high levels of luteinizing hormone — which stimulates ovulation — to normal in some women.
---------------

With such a treatment, I think you have a better chance of getting pregnant. Don't lose hope. IMO, your young and adoption and egg donor should be a last resort. But in the end the choice is yours. Hope you get a BFP before you know it. Good luck.

Hey, I'm sorry this happened to you. I didn't know what POI was and I searched it and found this treatment. I'll copy and paste what I found.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
HRT is the most common treatment for women with POI. It gives the body the estrogen and other hormones that the ovaries are not making. HRT improves sexual health and decreases the risks for cardiovascular disease (including heart attacks, stroke, and high blood pressure) and osteoporosis.4

If a woman with POI begins HRT, she is expected to start having regular periods again. In addition, HRT is expected to reduce other symptoms, such as hot flashes and night sweats, and help maintain bone health. HRT will not prevent pregnancy, and evidence suggests it might improve pregnancy rates for women with POI by lowering high levels of luteinizing hormone — which stimulates ovulation — to normal in some women.
---------------

With such a treatment, I think you have a better chance of getting pregnant. Don't lose hope. IMO, your young and adoption and egg donor should be a last resort. But in the end the choice is yours. Hope you get a BFP before you know it. Good luck.

Thank you for researching it. I also read that HRT doesn't help improve fertility. I think I'm just looking at the bad side. I think I'm gonna do IVF with DE as soon as possible. I really don't want to be an old mom. I am hoping that maybe I have some eggs left.. I heard that was possible but unlikely. UGH why me?!

Just wanted to :hugs: . I know what you are going through. I still remember the day when my doc told me that I have around 10% chance of conceiving with my own egg because of endometriosis which have damaged my egg quality :growlmad: . We still went ahead with ivf (my own eggs ) which failed. I just cried so much thinking that I have failed my DH. I have hit 3 yrs mark of ttc this Jan :cry: . We have decided to go ahead with DE. Just think what you want at the end of the day . For me it would be holding my baby, and I have read so many ladies with DE saying once the embryo was implanted they never had any reservations. I know it is a difficult situation, one that is so hard to digest. I really pray for you that you get what you wish for :hugs:

Try taking royal jelly if u are going down the ivf rout i read that it helps improve quality and quanity, im going to give it a go next cycle xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->