Sadness while pregnant harmful?

FM_DJ

Expecting baby #2!
Reaction score
Do our emotions affect our unborn babies?

My grandfather passed away today, and I'm just beside myself. Very sad. I'm trying not to be, because I know he's in a better place and he was ready to go. I was just there a month ago (grandpa lived 14 hours away). He and grandma were the 3rd & 4th people to know I was pregnant because I found out while visiting them. I just can't believe he's gone. :cry: My other grandfather passed away in August. I lost both my grandpas in less than a year. :cry:

Im so sorry, babies can withstand a lot. Dont bottle up any emotions let yourself grieve. Ring your mw for reassurance about how stress will affect the baby she will put your mind at rest. Sorry for your losses x

So sorry to hear of your losses, I think when your early on it isnt as harmful as later on but i could be wrong, check with you mw. xxx :Hugs:

Sorry for your loss :hugs: How lovely that he knew you were expecting though ...bittersweet.

I'm sure it won't affect your baby at this early stage, let it all out hun. Have you thought about using one of his names or a variation nickname/pet name for the baby when he/she arrives? Or perhaps pick names that include both grandfathers initials, something like that? would be a nice story to tell baby one day x
:hugs:

I'm so sorry for your losses :( :hugs:

Our emotions DO effect our babies (though not sure about this early on) but that doesn't mean we have to be happy all the time! Just think how emotional some of us get with our hormone levels running high! It's fine to feel sad and it's not going to hurt your baby. :hugs: Just try and continue to eat well, even if you don't have much of an appetite.

I asked my Dr about this as I was waiting for some news re. my Mum and I was told that baby wouldn't be affected earlier on in the pregnancy.

Thats so sad hun, im so so sorry to hear that!! Its understandable that youre upset and your hormones will make it 10times worse, you just need to let it out and have a good cry, bottling it all up will probably be worse for your baby because it will all come out eventually but on a bigger scale, which wont be good for you or your little bean!! Youre still really early on so your little one will be fine besides as someone has already pointed out, our hormones are haywire at the min anyway, i was crying my eyes out tonight because of an act on Britains got talent, (dont judge me, hahaha)!!
I really hope you feel better soon!
Please take care of yourself!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"