Safe anti nausea tablets...

RoxieHart

Baking #2
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I'm about to pop into the doctors, managed to get an appointment, to ask about some anti nausea tablets as for the last couple of weeks it's just been constant and I've tried everything in the book to get it to ease up a bit and be manageable but it's not! It's really hard looking after my LO feeling like this as well!

Anyway I already have anxiety eg during my last pregnancy I never took any medication, even if I was unwell and it was advised as I was just worried about taking it being pregnant ... But luckily enough I had no morning sickness/nausea with my first!

Anyway are any of you ladies on any particular one? Is it deffo safe? So early on as well?

Sorry I'm a worry wart, needing some reassurance!

I took avomine with my first, it didn't work for me but I had HG but it's definitely safe. So is phenergan which is an old style antihistamine. But both will make you really sleepy. Not ideal if you also have a lo to look after. This time I'm taking 100mg a day of vitamin B6 which is proven to work for nausea. I'd try that either with anti nausea tablets or on its own. So far I'm having only mild nausea which is on and off and I'm almost 8 weeks. The recommended dose for treated pregnancy nausea is 25mg three times a day or you can take 100mg timed release tablets. I take a b 100 complex as it contains b12 which is helpful in preventing vomiting in pregnancy. Either way, b vits are safe during pregnancy and actually recommended. Just don't exceed 200mg a day of b6 and 100mcg a day of b12.

Hope this helps

I took stemetil, buccastem, metoclopramide, cyclizine and omeprazole in my last pregnancy. The only thing thay worked even slightly was cyclizine, but I had HG.. in any case, my lo waa born perfectly healthy.. but talk to your gp/mw if you have concerns.

I found sea bands also helped and not taking my pregnancy vits - apparently iron can make you feel sick.

hope it eases for you soon. Xx

I took zofran my entire pregnancy. It worked well most days and didn't make me sleepy. I have a healthy girl so they are safe.

Zofran is a life saver! Thankfully, I don't have morning sickness everyday but on the days that I do- I am so glad that I have it! I will also suggest asking for Zofran tablets that dissolve instead of regular pill form. When you're already feeling like crap, it might be hard to keep a pill down. The tablets dissolve really fast and don't leave a bad taste. Plus, it's a safe medication!

Like some of the others I'm taking vitamin b6. I'm taking 50mg a day and it's helped with the constant nausea although the actual throwing up type sickness hasn't changed.

I'd be interested if you can get an answer to this, I get bad ms every pregnancy and just survive it because I can't find any scientific studies to clarify if they're safe or not. One study I found indicated there may be a higher chance of cleft palate and on one drug there were FDA warnings. The list of possible side effects for each one I looked up was huge as well, so I just can't get my head around how they can be safe for a growing baby. But I overthink things a lot, I'd rather not take painkillers either for fear of making my baby drowsy!

I used preggie pops and ginger biscuits. Also sleeping as much as possible and eating before you're hungry helps. But other than that I just hoped for it to end!

I wish there was more research done on this because I lost half a stone in my first pregnancy through puking and surely that's no good for the baby either!

Far as research ive done none are declared 100% safe, of course many have been used on pregnant women over the years and everything has been fine.

At end of the day if youvr got HG you need tablets its as simple as that. This is my 3rd baby but first with HG and pros of taken them out weighed me not.

Ive been on cyclizine since week 8 after being admitted to hospital. I will be continuing for as long as i need be, simple fact is if i stop and get that sick i just cant live full stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->