safety when babywearing

marley2580

Reaction score
https://www.undercovermother.net/2010/03/babywearing-real-deal-on-safety.html

Thanks for posting this. I have yet to buy a carrier so it's helpful to know in advance. Hoping to go to a sling meet and rent a couple from their library before I splash out!

intresting read,

i used to worry when i first starting carrying Aimee about suffocating so i always used to make sure her head was turned and her airways clear,

i think a lot of it is common sense x

I found Theakston wouldn't lie like that in the babasling anyway, it was a horrible position and scared the life out of me!

I have the exact sling that they demonstrate in the first picture (the black and white one) and we found it to be SAFER (I guess if used properly) than the Little Star sling I had bought. Why? It has mesh up at the head area for ventilation. Because it wasn't so tight on her, air circulated around her.

I was always careful to make sure that her face wasn't pushed into the side of it, but I would do that for any sling. Her chin never rested on her chest - not when we put her head in the white patch (identified in the instructions as the place where the head should go).

I dunno. Sometimes it bugs me when we blame the products for their misuse. As horrible as it is, a death caused by the misuse of something, is the responsibility of the user, IMHO, not of the thing itself (that's why guns don't go to jail for killing people, people do).

That being said, I think babywearing is often promoted while the risks and how to do it safely are not. I asked my midwife how to wear a baby (it was a hooot summer) and she just said to put the baby in the sling and go - no mention of safety at all!

Just my humble 2 cents

:)
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back